Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New "Home Improvement" Thread

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Pump up a bike tire trick? No compressor, and can’t find the hand pump for it
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pump up a bike tire trick? No compressor, and can’t find the hand pump for it
    Take off wheel. Go to gas station. Duh. Come on man.

I was drinking!

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Haha

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    just cost me $300 to get rid of a hornet's nest the size of a football. tried spraying it myself, didn't do shit since its deep in the bushes. fuck!!
    total kick in the dick, right?

In the spring it cost me $1600 to get rid of a colony of honey bee's that had gotten in a gap in the soffit and made a 5 foot long x 18 inch honeycomb that required a giant hole to be cut in that wood siding of the house. Little bastards

Senior Member Midget Division
    Had the siding redone on my house and garage earlier in the summer. Inside one of the walls of the garage, I apparently had a nest of yellow jackets. After the work was done, I kept seeing some of the yellow jackets trying to find their way back in, but it was all sealed up, lol.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Where does one buy inexpensive patio furniture? Not trying to spend a grand on a table and 6 chairs

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Why not look used? I see people selling sets all the time for like half the cost they bought for.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Why not look used? I see people selling sets all the time for like half the cost they bought for.

Might not be a bad idea...

Only reason I say is my dad was just looking, too. I don't know if they got a set but he said everything up on like Facebook Marketplace and Letgo was cheap but looked good in photos. If you look local you can always go by to see it in person before paying. Only thing that sucks there is having to move it back to your house.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Only reason I say is my dad was just looking, too. I don't know if they got a set but he said everything up on like Facebook Marketplace and Letgo was cheap but looked good in photos. If you look local you can always go by to see it in person before paying. Only thing that sucks there is having to move it back to your house.

That's the kicker. A set isn't fitting in my SUV.

Yeah, like a bigger set to seat six is tough. You could always rent a small trailer, maybe? Do you have a hitch on the SUV? Doesn't even need to be like those mini uHauls. I've seen guys rent the exposed ones just to strap something down to. But I have no idea what the cost is there. Could get expensive.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yeah, like a bigger set to seat six is tough. You could always rent a small trailer, maybe? Do you have a hitch on the SUV? Doesn't even need to be like those mini uHauls. I've seen guys rent the exposed ones just to strap something down to. But I have no idea what the cost is there. Could get expensive.

That's the thing...of it costs me another $200+to move it I'd rather buy new.

Know anyone with a truck or a van?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

We got our set about 5+ years ago. Lowe’s or Home Depot, end of the year sale, about this time of the year. Some places may have free shipping.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    We got our set about 5+ years ago. Loweís or Home Depot, end of the year sale, about this time of the year. Some places may have free shipping.
    How cheap?

I think we spent around $400. Was half off.

More than I wanted to spend but wife liked it and it was on sale. It’s a dining style, smaller table with 4 chairs. Stainless steel(?) that looks teak-style, which should last awhile. I didn’t want any glass or fabric that would need to be replaced annually. There are cushions, but they’re still in great shape.

Based on what I’m looking up, I’m thinking it’s aluminum. Still looks new, light and easy to move. Can’t find the set, getting annoyed.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Based on what Iím looking up, Iím thinking itís aluminum. Still looks new, light and easy to move. Canít find the set, getting annoyed.
    Thanks for info. Think I'm just going to wait until after labor day....

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for info. Think I'm just going to wait until after labor day....
    Wait a month.. right when they start making room for Christmas shit go in and make an offer on a floor set.. 50 cents on the dollar at worst... They'd rather take a fraction to get it off the floor and not have to store it... Best time to buy an already assembled grill as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast