• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

Then why is he a home inspector?

I agree with Dude. You're better off asking local contractors, and your realtor shouldn't be entirely blind to this stuff but apparently they are. Our realtor browbeat our last buyer's inspector in to submission. A lot of inspectotlrs are just lazy dudes that gave up on going work or couldn't hack their trade.

Because it's easy and good money?

I don't know how they do shit in Canada, but there's no way my realtor would have pointed out half the shit the home inspector did.

Home inspector I get. I paid out of pocket for one on my new build even though the builder said they had a ?3rd party? inspector check the house (yeah right).

The township inspections are bogus. They want quick money or to bust your balls over petty permits and regulations (Atleast around here)

My home inspector was great. He found several things their ?3rd party? inspector didn?t see

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And probably can?t hang a sheetrock board.
That's every home inspector I know. Fucking knobs.

When I talk to framers, trim guys, tile guys etc around town you find out their almost invariably washouts.

Who cares? That's not his job.

I love the angle that they're "failed laborers" though lol.

Who cares? That's not his job.

I love the angle that they're "failed laborers" though lol.

So he can’t do shit, but tells you what it should look like. That’s like LTF drawing up a power play.

So he can’t do shit, but tells you what it should look like. That’s like LTF drawing up a power play.

That's right. They have other people like this. They are called architects and engineers...?

If he’s not putting Zibenajad on the right point (over the left side wall), I might take him

• 5 months later...

We have a brick house with sided peaks and nooks, there's some serious nooks as there's a loft above the garage. Just got the wood Siding replaced this week with a new colour, now I think I started a chain reaction in which we need a new roof colour (had to get done anyways) garage door, entrance door, and windows.

I miss renting.

IMG_20191119_171259_zpsrzapy42a.jpg

IMG_20191118_171122_zpsoquikbqy.jpg

We have a brick house with sided peaks and nooks, there's some serious nooks as there's a loft above the garage. Just got the wood Siding replaced this week with a new colour, now I think I started a chain reaction in which we need a new roof colour (had to get done anyways) garage door, entrance door, and windows.

I miss renting.

IMG_20191119_171259_zpsrzapy42a.jpg

IMG_20191118_171122_zpsoquikbqy.jpg

It never ends.

I'm try to do one thing a year. I don't want to do the HELOC thing as the house is half my retirement plan.

Now it's a race, can I get done what needs to be done before my wife divorces me.

Yea, we're the same way. It's hard when the "needs" interfere with the "wants".

Want...new backyard grass

Need...to cut down trees that are popping up my patio and wrecking my walkway.

Need...new garage door.

Our grass is shit, too. Fucking shit.

That seems to improve with your age. Everybody that's 60 or older has impeccable grass for some odd reason.

Much more time on their hands to care for it. My neighbor next door is doing something to his lawn every single day. Never a leaf on it when I look over, wondering if I should start paying him to take care of mine instead of my landscaper

My grass is a fucking disaster. Prime goal next year is to try to prevent crab grass from growing.

guy told us to let the grass grow tall the first month or so. It prevents a lot of the small weeds and nuisances from getting the necessary sun and kills it off.

So our yard doesn't look great at first, when all the lawns are dead and dry in July, we still have grass

guy told us to let the grass grow tall the first month or so. It prevents a lot of the small weeds and nuisances from getting the necessary sun and kills it off.

So our yard doesn't look great at first, when all the lawns are dead and dry in July, we still have grass

Depends on the grass type. You want a good pre-emergent as the soil temp hits 55 and a good post emergent when it’s gets to 70 for weed prevention/treatment. Don’t use weed and feeds.

• 3 months later...