• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

Is there a reason you're so reluctant to show a picture of the actual problem areas? Why the random "this is not my basement but its a similar issue" picture and the outdoor picture that doesn't actually show the problem area?

Anyway, my best friend had a similar issue in his basement though he had solid concrete, not blocks. He had to rip off part of his deck and dig down to the foundation. He had to coat the outside of the foundation in some kind of special paint/sealant. He did it on the inside too. I'm pretty sure he hasn't had any issues since.

Is there a reason you're so reluctant to show a picture of the actual problem areas? Why the random "this is not my basement but its a similar issue" picture and the outdoor picture that doesn't actually show the problem area?

Anyway, my best friend had a similar issue in his basement though he had solid concrete, not blocks. He had to rip off part of his deck and dig down to the foundation. He had to coat the outside of the foundation in some kind of special paint/sealant. He did it on the inside too. I'm pretty sure he hasn't had any issues since.

You could always go the old way and tar the walls ,heavy plastic on top of tar and tar over the plastic ,that will water proof it,than you could add,you really should add 3/4 inch stone with preferretad pipe don't forget the filter fabric

Nice. I need an upgrade. Looking into this.

I have a toro. Go Timemaster. Honestly, you won’t regret it. 28” I believe instead of the normal 21/22”. You’ll thank me in the long run even if it’s not a huge yard. It’s a beast of another level.

Edit, it’s 30” and my god it cuts amazing. Two blades. Like butter.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-TimeMaster-30-in-Briggs-Stratton-Personal-Pace-Self-Propelled-Walk-Behind-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Spin-Stop-21199/300234121

I have a toro. Go Timemaster. Honestly, you won’t regret it. 28” I believe instead of the normal 21/22”. You’ll thank me in the long run even if it’s not a huge yard. It’s a beast of another level.

Edit, it’s 30” and my god it cuts amazing. Two blades. Like butter.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-TimeMaster-30-in-Briggs-Stratton-Personal-Pace-Self-Propelled-Walk-Behind-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Spin-Stop-21199/300234121

That's a bit out of my price range LOL.

$1300 US for a push mower lol

Just get something with a Honda engine. I have a $400 Husqvarna with a Honda. My 7 year old girl can start it.

It really does cut like butter and the 1.5 wider deck makes it much faster and efficient.

Electric push mowers are good enough these days to not have to mess with gas and oil. I've had a Kobalt 80V for 5 years...and the matching weed trimmer, and blower. Plenty of batteries and chargers between them all.

I even took the plunge on one of the Ryobi electric riders. 2nd season and doing well to this point. It was pretty sweet junking my fuel cans. Though there are times the power of a gas rider would have been nice, the other 90% of the time I'd rather have electric.

Electric push mowers are good enough these days to not have to mess with gas and oil. I've had a Kobalt 80V for 5 years...and the matching weed trimmer, and blower. Plenty of batteries and chargers between them all.

I even took the plunge on one of the Ryobi electric riders. 2nd season and doing well to this point. It was pretty sweet junking my fuel cans. Though there are times the power of a gas rider would have been nice, the other 90% of the time I'd rather have electric.

How big is your yard?

I looked, not an environmentalist but too lazy to get gas. Everyone told me our lot is too big and we’re under .5 acres. But I’d also get a tractor with versatility over a strict riding mower

I do have the same trimmer and het h clippers from Kobalt. Cant find the blower anywhere with 80v.

The way I looked at it, regardless I’d have to keep gas for the snow blower anyway so I don’t mind having a gas lawnmower. I have a 2 gallon jug so I have to fill it like twice a summer. It’s not a huge deal to me.

Do you shave, or just trim, your vagina?

• Like 2

I do have the same trimmer and het h clippers from Kobalt. Cant find the blower anywhere with 80v.

The way I looked at it, regardless I’d have to keep gas for the snow blower anyway so I don’t mind having a gas lawnmower. I have a 2 gallon jug so I have to fill it like twice a summer. It’s not a huge deal to me.

Ahh, yeah. I don't need the snow blower down south. I do have to admit, I'm less worried about the affects on battery life for the rider because of the southern winters. Sitting in negative degree weather during the winter might be rough, too. But the push mower batteries are small enough to store inside