Thread: The New "Home Improvement" Thread

Senior Member Junior Division

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

Did I miss something?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Renovation
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Likely lost in pruning. Make this the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    As a new home owner, I appreciate a new thread that isn’t 3 years old lol.

I need a “weed or plant” app.

To identify? Have you tried any of the plant ID apps? I haven't used any for that purpose but have iPlant and Picture This to help identify ones I don't recognize.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Renovation
    Lol
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    To identify? Have you tried any of the plant ID apps? I haven't used any for that purpose but have iPlant and Picture This to help identify ones I don't recognize.

Would they tell me if it’s a plant and how to kill it?

We’ve got way too much landscaping shit, here.

How to kill it? I doubt it. But you could at least identify some of the ones you aren't sure of. You can then use that info to research how to get rid of them permanently.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Would they tell me if itís a plant and how to kill it?

Weíve got way too much landscaping shit, here.
    Just fucking rip it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just fucking rip it out.
    The previous lady seemed to be pretty good. I was going to rip out a bunch of shit, 2 days later it bloomed nicely. I was also going to cut down some small red Japanese tree bush, but someone told me it’s worth 1-200$.

I’m assuming there are some late season perennials. I’d like to clean some of the stuff out, just need to make sure I’m pulling out something I should keep

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

Wait til later August or September when most perennials are done and dig out and toss whatever you donít want.

Also September is a good time to dig out, move and/or split and replant any flowers you may actually like and want elsewhere in the yard.

I have several large perennial gardens. Most Iíve expanded on my own by splitting existing stuff and getting rid of crap I didnít like from previous owners.

Last edited by Parsley; 06-30-2018 at 11:45 PM.

The previous lady seemed to be pretty good. I was going to rip out a bunch of shit, 2 days later it bloomed nicely. I was also going to cut down some small red Japanese tree bush, but someone told me it’s worth 1-200$.

I’m assuming there are some late season perennials. I’d like to clean some of the stuff out, just need to make sure I’m pulling out something I should keep
    Is it red? You talking about a Japanese maple?

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Don't take out a Japanese Maple, they are beautiful. I have two of them, one I planted myself that cost a couple of hundred and I have one that came with the house that is over 10', my landscaper told me that one is worth thousands, had no idea.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Ugh, my town sucks. My permit got denied to add a top floor to my house because we didn't have a CO for my basement, which was finished when we bought the house, and because in the floor plans, they listed a room as an office and it had to be changed to a study. Our other issue is that they said we don't have enough space between the sides of the house and the property line, and the front of the house to the street. The dumb thing is that every house in the neighborhood is basically the same set up as mine, so every house has this issue. We now have to go to the board and get it OK'd. Its all easy fixes, its just now more time consuming. These bastards get you for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Is it red? You talking about a Japanese maple?
    deep maroon

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Don't take out a Japanese Maple, they are beautiful. I have two of them, one I planted myself that cost a couple of hundred and I have one that came with the house that is over 10', my landscaper told me that one is worth thousands, had no idea.
    I dont want one that big. Its next to my driveway. Its probably 3' tall. Looked like a mangled shrub when we moved in.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Ugh, my town sucks. My permit got denied to add a top floor to my house because we didn't have a CO for my basement, which was finished when we bought the house, and because in the floor plans, they listed a room as an office and it had to be changed to a study. Our other issue is that they said we don't have enough space between the sides of the house and the property line, and the front of the house to the street. The dumb thing is that every house in the neighborhood is basically the same set up as mine, so every house has this issue. We now have to go to the board and get it OK'd. Its all easy fixes, its just now more time consuming. These bastards get you for everything.

I’m surprised you’re having trouble in Suffolk. Usually it’s Nassau who needlessly crunches your balls and makes you pay an ungodly amount for the pleasure.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I’m surprised you’re having trouble in Suffolk. Usually it’s Nassau who needlessly crunches your balls and makes you pay an ungodly amount for the pleasure.
    Dude, it’s been such a hassle dealing with the town. We alsonow have to put in either an egress window or outside entrance to the basement. Our main problem is that the walls in the basement aren’t regular walls, they are Owens Corning, they are made to keep moisture out and keep the basement cool or warm. Now we have to have someone it into it to put this in, and we just got an estimate for like $8,000 to do an egress window from the company that did the basement. Fucking sucks.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Suffolk is just as corrupt and dimwitted as Nassau. Its all very pathetic.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Also, I don't know if anything was answered before the other thread was deleted but we did end up going with the CAC unit over the ductless. It's so nice now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast