Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Will Target Ryan Reaves in Free Agency

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    The problem is that he probably ends up on a line with Anderson or other young guys and hurts their development because he's an offensive black hole. Let's stick to guys that can play.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Reaves or Leo both suck. Regardless of who you prefer they both are black holes offensively and slow as shit. Leo hasn't been physical since Ovi destroyed him with a concussion. He is a total shell and can only PK at this point in his career. He can't even skate to defend anymore. He could not keep up with his line and was terrible with good linemates and too much ice time.

Take a look at the Leaf boards and fans. They are actually celebrating that Babcock won't be able to play his Tanner Glass anymore. They love Uncle Leo the person and what he did when he had some game, but to a man are ecstatic he is gone. All year the fans wanted him scratched and he was the target of nightly complaints. He was even more awful in the playoffs and finally was scratched for Marlies.

How either of these guys will improve the play of Lias and whoever is a mystery to me. Maybe the kids get run less with Reaves, but he will hurt his line in other places.

Neither should get more than 1 year or GTFO. Either should be a 13th Man. Reaves gets played only when another goon is in the lineup. Sure, when Wilson takes a cheap run at Chytil, I'll enjoy Reaves smashing his brain through the glass, leaving broken shards through his cheeks, pints of blood spilling everywhere and #43 in the fetal position. That is about what he is good for, revenge.

If he can even catch him.

Watched every Vegas playoff game. I do admit Reaves put a game or two together where he helped his linemates forecheck effectively. Even scored twice in that playoff game, by getting in front at the right time. Then just like Glass he could not sustain that energy for more than a couple of games and didn't have the speed to be effective. By the Cap series he was an outright liabilty.

Do we really want ineffective slow liabilities skating with a sorta slow Lias and some young winger we are trying to groom/evaluate?
    Last edited by Giacomin; 06-28-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Tanner Glass's No. 51 awaits Reaves... Unfortunately, so might a three year contract.

Roussel seems like a better option, but probably wants more years. A guy like Josh Manson would be the ticket. Not only can he defend, hit, skate, exit the zone, shoot and join the O, but if your stupid enough to challenge him by dropping you gloves, he will Barry Beck you. Or Chara you, for those younger fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Tanner Glass's No. 51 awaits Reaves... Unfortunately, so might a three year contract.
    Get out of here!! One year or Two Minutes and I are going to break some windows at MSG.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Reaves or Leo both suck. Regardless of who you prefer they both are black holes offensively and slow as shit. Leo hasn't been physical since Ovi destroyed him with a concussion. He is a total shell and can only PK at this point in his career. He can't even skate to defend anymore. He could not keep up with his line and was terrible with good linemates and too much ice time.

Take a look at the Leaf boards and fans. They are actually celebrating that Babcock won't be able to play his Tanner Glass anymore. They love Uncle Leo the person and what he did when he had some game, but to a man are ecstatic he is gone. All year the fans wanted him scratched and he was the target of nightly complaints. He was even more awful in the playoffs and finally was scratched for Marlies.

How either of these guys will improve the play of Lias and whoever is a mystery to me. Maybe the kids get run less with Reaves, but he will hurt his line in other places.

Neither should get more than 1 year or GTFO. Either should be a 13th Man. Reaves gets played only when another goon is in the lineup. Sure, when Wilson takes a cheap run at Chytil, I'll enjoy Reaves smashing his brain through the glass, leaving broken shards through his cheeks, pints of blood spilling everywhere and #43 in the fetal position. That is about what he is good for, revenge.

If he can even catch him.

Watched every Vegas playoff game. I do admit Reaves put a game or two together where he helped his linemates forecheck effectively. Even scored twice in that playoff game, by getting in front at the right time. Then just like Glass he could not sustain that energy for more than a couple of games and didn't have the speed to be effective. By the Cap series he was an outright liabilty.

Do we really want ineffective slow liabilities skating with a sorta slow Lias and some young winger we are trying to groom/evaluate?
    Well if the Leafs fans don’t like him, case closed.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well if the Leafs fans don’t like him, case closed.
    Ha ha, that's the irony. They freakin love the guy, they wish him all the best, want him as a mascot. It took consistent horrific play and his game to drop off a cliff for a year and a half for them to wish he played for Boston. One leaf fan said, if he plays like last year God help the Rangers, they know not what they've done. Another Leaf fan responded, dumbass don't you realize the Rangers are trying to tank like we did?

But Gorton says we are not. Feels like the joke is on us.

Sidenote: I saw enough of Toronto to notice Leo was often the worst player on the ice. That they took too long to play Kap and other kids. My own observations and conclusions. Bluntly, he looked like he is done. People who watch every Leaf game seem to concur unanimously. How often do you get that kind of negative consensus about a player with a great rep among those same fans?

BTW, I have no idea if he can make magic and somehow regain some skating ability or be able to have some physicality to his game again. It seems unlikely, it would be a big bounceback. What do you think... 20% chance he improves at his age, from last year, and becomes useful 5 on 5?

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Ha ha, that's the irony. They freakin love the guy, they wish him all the best, want him as a mascot. It took consistent horrific play and his game to drop off a cliff for a year and a half for them to wish he played for Boston. One leaf fan said, if he plays like last year God help the Rangers, they know not what they've done. Another Leaf fan responded, dumbass don't you realize the Rangers are trying to tank like we did?

But Gorton says we are not. Feels like the joke is on us.

Sidenote: I saw enough of Toronto to notice Leo was often the worst player on the ice. That they took too long to play Kap and other kids. My own observations and conclusions. Bluntly, he looked like he is done. People who watch every Leaf game seem to concur unanimously. How often do you get that kind of negative consensus about a player with a great rep among those same fans?
    You’ve been here 4 fuckin years. Need more time to put that puzzle together? I’ll wait.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

No I get ya, and Montreal fans are worse. Just I'm a little closer (heading to Buff/Toronto tomorrow for the wife'sbig family July party) and know some of the fans. They don't all have it wrong and they want to love the guy. There were literally over a hundred opinions over 10 pages, all similar! One guy did say Leo could be a decent 4th liner if given limited minutes, lol.

All that aside, unlike the Coyotes, I've watched way too many Toronto games the past few years. Not that anyone outside zona needs to be watching the yotes anytime soon.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If he’s a good locker room guy, I’m okay with it. I think I’d rather have Komarov but they’re pretty interchangeable.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I don't know if he's a character player per se, but wouldn't putting 6'6" Tim Gettinger on the 4th line be more prudent. He's got skill, size, youth and can bond with the youngsters. He would be more of a deterrent like Chara is now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Deleted Midget Division
    Komorov / Reaves. Smart to target both. Smarter to acquire only one.

We could use this type of leadership/work ethic on the team. Plus, we all know that it's helpful having some extra bodies should the kids not be ready.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I don't know if he's a character player per se, but wouldn't putting 6'6" Tim Gettinger on the 4th line be more prudent. He's got skill, size, youth and can bond with the youngsters. He would be more of a deterrent like Chara is now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Not necessarily. It depends on what you're asking of him. He's big, but I don't recall him being much of an overly physical presence. He's also a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Gettinger isn't ready or that close. More likely you'd see Fontaine.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Komorov / Reaves. Smart to target both. Smarter to acquire only one.

We could use this type of leadership/work ethic on the team. Plus, we all know that it's helpful having some extra bodies should the kids not be ready.
    Have to agree with this.
    We are starting to acquire young assets, but there better be a good culture built. We had that for a while with the Girardi, Callahan, era but lacked talent.
    Both must be there for long term success

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    If I see Gabe Fontaine on the NHL roster at any point, I can only assume they're tanking.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast