Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Will Target Ryan Reaves in Free Agency

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Rangers Will Target Ryan Reaves in Free Agency

The Rangers’ roster tilts heavily toward youth and finesse-oriented skaters. But head coach David Quinn’s team will require at least some measure of size and veteran toughness on the ice and experience in the room in order to navigate the season successfully.

To that end, The Post has learned that the Blueshirts are keenly interested in 31-year-old Vegas winger Ryan Reaves, who will become a free agent when the market opens at noon Sunday.

The time of brawlers is done forever in the NHL and no one seriously believes a single player can act as an immutable deterrent on the ice. But credible strength is necessary and the amount of comfort Reaves — or a player with the same characteristics — is likely to be able to provide the young group assembled by management is important.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/ranger...n-free-agency/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Jesis fuck

Maybe last season, but now?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Done. I can't. I just can't. Awful hockey player in just about every sense and 31 years old. If this happens I really lose all faith in this front office. There are so many better options. If he's signed it had better be as a 13th forwards who is in the press box most nights and there is no reason to pay very much for that.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division NYRanger11's Avatar
    Thought we were behind the ridiculousness of wasting a spot on a guy like this. IF this is true, I guess we're not.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Would rather see a young'un than a retread, and one that's pretty awful at hockey. As per Brooks, he's looking at upward of $2 million in cap room, which is nuts.

They're not going to be good. They're already not, given their finish last season, and will only get worse once Spooner and Namestnikov are dealt. Adding glue guys to keep the losing environment less shitty is a good thing. I'm fine with Reaves.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Yes, but we have money to spend and there are guys out there that can fill this role and not kill possession numbers.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Some of you guys are acting like they're taking up a ton of roster spots. Rangers have made it clear they want the young guys to have the best chance at making the team as possible. They're looking for vets/character guys to establish a strong leadership core. I wasn't convinced until the draft, but it seems the Rangers are in fact sticking to a build. Embrace the suck, people.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Yes, but we have money to spend and there are guys out there that can fill this role and not kill possession numbers.
    He's a solid shot supressing defensive forward. Given how little he is likely to play, and how small his role should be, I fail to see how you are trying to blame him, of all people, for poor possession metrics.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Please guys no one cares about shot suppression. We're gonna suck.

Sign him or Kamarov. Not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He's a solid shot supressing defensive forward. Given how little he is likely to play, and how small his role should be, I fail to see how you are trying to blame him, of all people, for poor possession metrics.

Little ice time? Small role? Wow, sounds like a perfect opportunity for a prospect on a rebuilding squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Please guys no one cares about shot suppression. We're gonna suck.

Sign him or Kamarov. Not both.
    I agree. One or the other.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Little ice time? Small role? Wow, sounds like a perfect opportunity for a prospect on a rebuilding squad.
    Yeah, because icing a team predominantly full of teenagers and rookies always goes great.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

They did better when they did

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Lol, we will suck regardless. Sign one or the other
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Not loving this fella's stats. To me, that would be a step backward to a different era.

If we're gonna go character player gimme Jay Beagle. But really I want a Tom Wilson-type unicorn a year or two from now -- even though we can't touch him.

My main concern, though, is if we're going to settle for muscle/character with absolute minimal scoring it means some talented kid in the system is not going to get a look at the NHL.

If we were playoff bound, I could see it, but we're not.

That said, I am sick of folks taking runs at Hank and our players unchallenged, undeterred and unpunished. So if there's a player who can deliver Tanner Glass or better still Jody Shelley-level protection for the kids ... so yeah

... Did I just contradict myself? .. OK. maybe I did.

So my -- some time now/some time in the future question is, who can we get who can skate, pass, and ride shotgun for Buch, Zibs, and Kravstov when he finally gets here.

Vegas got pounded back to reality by Tom Wilson and a few others.
    A player like Wilson has a place in today's NHL, we should also be drafting with that kind of unicorn in mind, too, just saying.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 06-28-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Vegas got distracted by Wilson. He's a unicorn in this league, though, in that there's no one else like him (left).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

We have no clue what type of player/playing style will fill that role in the future.. 2, 3 years from now

Senior Member Junior Division
    Roussel is who I'd prefer. Not too old, not just a guy that can fight.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Can’t hurt the kids confidence having a player like reeves in the lineup. Everybody poo poos the role but every teammate of guys like him swear by the role. Signing him does nothing to deter from development of anybody. It only makes this team which was captained by a giant vagina less soft. I’m all for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast