• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Komarov Talking Multi-Year Deal

Mr.wiskers

Mobile link:

--

Larry Brooks wrote a few days ago that Komarov would fit as the kind of free agent that the Rangers are looking for.

Komarov,31, is finishing a four-year deal with the Leafs that had a cap hit of $2.95 million.

He had 7 goals and 12 assists for the Leafs in 74 games last season and has 52 goals and 70 assists in 327 career NHL games.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Who are we competing with for his services? Is there enough teams going after tier 3 FAs now that we are going to commit to anything more than 2 years, at this point? That would seriously suck! More than 1 year is risky, but I could see him holding fast to 2 years. Three years makes no sense for us. We may find he is done and have no takers in year two, or worse three. Fingers crossed on term.

:tweet: @RickCarpiniello

17m17 minutes ago

More

Per sources, everybody ought to tap the brakes on these Komarov/Rangers rumors. #NYR

Lol and here I was getting excited about it. If this falls through they need to move on Roussal. I don't think you need both...too similar.

“Gee, we aren’t seeing the numbers we wanted”

“Let’s say NYR is interested!”

Maybe they are not lying and the Rangers justifiably discussed the idea of a 1 year 2 way contract. :cool:

I will also use this opportunity to retract my fear of a 3 year deal. A 2 year deal scares the hell out of me too.

Roussel's a better option, can keep up, and doen't seem to have the concussion issues. He'll take more dumb penalties though.

Why not Wingels? Any thoughts? He still has his legs and may not see anything more than a 2 year deal. Don't know anything about his leadership or character.

Maybe they are not lying and the Rangers justifiably discussed the idea of a 1 year 2 way contract. :cool:

I will also use this opportunity to retract my fear of a 3 year deal. A 2 year deal scares the hell out of me too.

Roussel's a better option, can keep up, and doen't seem to have the concussion issues. He'll take more dumb penalties though.

Why not Wingels? Any thoughts? He still has his legs and may not see anything more than a 2 year deal. Don't know anything about his leadership or character.

Yeah, Komarov, nor any recognizable UFA is signing a two-way contract. Literally. Not one.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived