Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Among Teams Expressing Interest in James van Riemsdyk

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Good player, not a good fit imo

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    They certainly don't have to move him, but they have four other highly paid young defenseman with long term contracts in Faulk, Hamilton, Pesce, and Slavin, three of which are also right handed. They also have two high first round pick LD knocking on the door in Hadyn Fluery and Jake Bean and I think they've been linked to some Dmen in free agency. It would make sense to move the RFA in TVR unless they are actually going to deal Faulk.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Love JVR, but this would be more of the move to make when going for it. Assuming he's still 29 when you're going for it.

Just don't see it right now.

Play the kids. Both draft and FA's could be stronger next year, build it and build it right.

I know I'm dreaming but watch the Matthews situation in Toronto. Things would get really interesting if he decides to play out his last RFA year. Is the RFA thing still like the Sakic situation?
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Not suggesting this, just suggesting this:

Why wouldn't Rangers meet with a few FAs, especially JVR and drive up the interest and price for Toronto, among others?

This is all a head fake. There are a dozen reasons to talk to the agent and still not be straying from the plan. Maybe we are offering a gigantic 1-2 year deal. Whatever, they will not compromise the rebuild to sign JVR to a long term deal.
    Or maybe they are hoping the NHL starts to be a bit more like MLB, and teams stop paying free agents and go with youth, leaving some pretty decent free agents without jobs.

The Rangers will talk to anyone who will listen. I buy into Gorton looking for a vet or two to guide this young roster.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine giving him big money but telling him ahead of time that he's going to be moved at the deadline and then we'd sign him for something more reasonable next year.

Having said that, no way he's wearing a Rangers sweater next year.
    A blogger idiot on Twitter suggests these moves and now people are on board for this shit. What a fuckin joke.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Suggests what moves, Mike's circumventing idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Suggests what moves, Mike's circumventing idea?

Yes. Signing players at top dollar to potentially trade them to contenders for draft picks. It’s a mockery. First of all, whoever thinks this is going to be a multiple year rebuild is smoking crack cocaine. It’s not happening here. It might not even happen next season lets see what happens on 7/1. Secondly, no agent or player would sign up for that, and if an organization starts doing dumb shit like that, no one will want to play there. It’s a bush league, make believe, Alice in Wonderland, wannabe GM suggestion.

I honestly expect more from guys here rather than regurgitating the shit from blogger clowns on sm that have no fuckin idea how things work on the ice, or off the ice other than cba rules and more stats. Be original. We all see what goes on and how people take other people’s ideas (dumb or not), and post them here.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    I agree. It's never going to happen. The Rangers would get hammered for it, too. It's 100% cap circumvention.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I agree. It's never going to happen. The Rangers would get hammered for it, too. It's 100% cap circumvention.

Fuck the circumvention. I’m sure someone can find a loophole somewhere. It’s just bad for everyone, including the fans that have to watch it happen.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    A blogger idiot on Twitter suggests these moves and now people are on board for this shit. What a fuckin joke.
    It's half serious. Relax.
    Last edited by Future; 06-29-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Junior Member Mite Division DaveS's Avatar
    He could hop on the train and be eating his mothers cooking every night lol

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    It's half serious. Relax.
    It shouldn’t be any bit of serious. It’s dumb. I’m perfectly relaxed. It’s hot out though.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Puke here too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12