Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Among Teams Expressing Interest in James van Riemsdyk

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Rangers Among Teams Expressing Interest in James van Riemsdyk

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Hate to say this but... pass
    GORTON 2020

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division

Rangers Interested in JVR

Is this a rebuild or not? I'm starting to get confused.
    Last edited by TwoMinutesForNothing; 06-28-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

He's a good player who has wanted to sign with the Rangers for a long time. I bet he even takes a Shattenkirk-like discount (in term). But, like Shattenkirk, the issue is timing. These aren't the types of players you bring in in year one of a rebuild, the season before you begin it.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

I know he'd take less money to sign with us, but he is going to want term. Our rebuild will likely be pretty quick, but I still don't know if this is a good move. I mean I guess we have the cap space. If our D comes around quickly then we'll be contending in no time. Hajek will have to be a stud quickly though if that's the case.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    I'm surprised he would want to come here with the rebuild in place and he always been an "eh" type of player to me.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Squirt Division rmc51's Avatar
    The Rangers are clearly not doing a protypical rip it down "rebuild". I am not sure why people are confused to hear them linked to such names that won't cost them any assets to get. They have an absorbitant amount of cap space, and most of these younger players they have drafted or traded for are a couple years away.

If anyone thought the Rangers were going to field a team of kids and shoot for the top overall pick next year, then they havent been listening.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Heard his agent has spoken to more than 11 teams on radio yesterday. Think his agent is wisely just speaking to everyone. The Rangers and the agent may have talked just as a professional courtesy, to gauge the market, talk about other players the agent represents, etc. It doesn't hurt JVR's negotiating position for folks to hear about all the interest.

Don't see the Rangers pursuing him seriously. Don't get confused TwoMinutes, unless they sign him.

I just don't see the point in JVR. He's already 29. We aren't contending for the cup in the next couple years and by the time we are he will likely be on the down turn and be a contract that will be hurting our ability to contend. There's no point.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I wouldn’t mind him. We don’t have a ton of offensive studs in the system, so any offense this team will have will be through free agency. Put him with Chytil or Andersson and get them going as well. It also makes it easier to move Hayes and not miss the numbers he would ring to the team, and gives us Zib,Chytil and Andersson down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The Rangers are clearly not doing a protypical rip it down "rebuild". I am not sure why people are confused to hear them linked to such names that won't cost them any assets to get. They have an absorbitant amount of cap space, and most of these younger players they have drafted or traded for are a couple years away.

If anyone thought the Rangers were going to field a team of kids and shoot for the top overall pick next year, then they havent been listening.
    Come on though. You really think we are forking over the kind of term JVR will get, for an older net front guy who isn't known to be a good skater or defender? I will rail hard on mgmt with you, if they do this.

Not suggesting this, just suggesting this:

Why wouldn't Rangers meet with a few FAs, especially JVR and drive up the interest and price for Toronto, among others?

This is all a head fake. There are a dozen reasons to talk to the agent and still not be straying from the plan. Maybe we are offering a gigantic 1-2 year deal. Whatever, they will not compromise the rebuild to sign JVR to a long term deal.

Moderator Junior Division
    I'd be perfectly fine giving him big money but telling him ahead of time that he's going to be moved at the deadline and then we'd sign him for something more reasonable next year.

Having said that, no way he's wearing a Rangers sweater next year.

He does score a lot of goals and his advanced stats are extremely impressive. He's definitely a great player. I just don't think the timing is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine giving him big money but telling him ahead of time that he's going to be moved at the deadline and then we'd sign him for something more reasonable next year.

Having said that, no way he's wearing a Rangers sweater next year.
    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is prohibited as cap circumventing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

So what about this? His brother is a very good right-handed defenseman who is an RFA for Carolina, who needs to move a righty Dman after acquiring Hamilton. We are involved with trade rumors with the Canes already. Both brothers are from the area and grew up Rangers fans. Both went to New Hampshire, but never played together. I assume they would like to play together. Maybe something could be going on there?

Do they actually have to move a RD, or can they just shift one to LD? Assuming they don't just move Faulk as they're rumored to.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is prohibited as cap circumventing.

It's more like frowned upon.

There's no way the Rangers would get away with it.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast