Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Rangers Can Find Quality Character This Summer

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You think that's going to help this team next season?
    You missed the reference.

Keenan once was in a heated debate with Glenn Healy and he questioned why Healy listened to everything Al Arbour said, he asked "What's the difference between me and Al Arbour?"

Healy says, 4 cups.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    I like Komarov because of the way he plays and his personality, but he definitely regressed a lot as a player last season. I guess we have nothing to lose because we aren't trying to contend anyway and he'll be more of a role model, but you have to wonder if his play was so poor last season due to age or other factors. His corsi and advanced stats were awful after being quite good the two years prior. His point production was also down. On the bright side, he did have his best season ever on face-offs with an impressive 52%, so I think his best spot is certainly at center on the 4th line.
    Thanks for that, was gonna look at the advanced stats to confirm what was clear to the eye. He used to be a better player and helped the kids in Toronto. Last year he was an obvious hindrance.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Phil, I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing on the board for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy tonight.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

LOL. Was he AJT before APT?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    With Komorov and Rousell (he went to god damn Vancouver???? Really?) signing elsewhere.... Who do you guys suggest as a character player to target?

I'm thinking Chris Stewart. High energy guy, who can liven up a dull locker room. Seems like a fit with how Quinn says he wants to play. Seems like he still has it in him to be a bottom six winger. 2 year deal. 900k each?

Not much left out there.

Of who is left? There's still Winnik or Wingels. I'd also like to see them entertain Toronto on taking on the final two years of Matt Martin's contract for an asset.

Martin/Nieves/Winnik is a fine fourth line for a rebuilding team.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Think new coach is scaring guys or Gorton lowballin and rebuilding?

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Seems like every player linked to the Rangers in the past week signed somewhere else. Letís go for Hughes in 2019 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    With Komorov and Rousell (he went to god damn Vancouver???? Really?) signing elsewhere.... Who do you guys suggest as a character player to target?

I'm thinking Chris Stewart. High energy guy, who can liven up a dull locker room. Seems like a fit with how Quinn says he wants to play. Seems like he still has it in him to be a bottom six winger. 2 year deal. 900k each?

Not much left out there.
    I like Stewart, but there are character issues, there. If we had strong leadership, id entertain this idea

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Think new coach is scaring guys or Gorton lowballin and rebuilding?
    Neither. Rangers are honest about where they'll be next year (or two). UFAs don't see much future, and what future there is would come as the result of being traded. Why do that when you can just sign where you actually want to play?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

What character issues are there? Seemed to be really liked in Minnesota. Looked to be a fun locker room guy from one video I saw.

Obviously he never reached his potential. I don't recall hearing anything bad about him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    What character issues are there? Seemed to be really liked in Minnesota. Looked to be a fun locker room guy from one video I saw.

Obviously he never reached his potential. I don't recall hearing anything bad about him.
    Work ethic, selfish, blah blah. Nothing incredibly horrible.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Here's a question. Isn't Matt Beleskey already a better fit for this role than most of the opinions out that were out there anyway? Character fourth liner, tough, physical, okay offense, and good advanced stats. We have him already.

Here's a question. Isn't Matt Beleskey already a better fit for this role than most of the opinions out that were out there anyway? Character fourth liner, tough, physical, okay offense, and good advanced stats. We have him already.
    Good point.I think this was brought up at the end of the season. But with Gorton saying he will be looking to add character players, some are looking for options.

I guess, yeah. I'd be fine with him taking on the role. But his offense is gone, for the record.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    I lost my taste for "character signings" oh, about back with Mike Keane and Brian Scrudland

Iím not necessarily looking for a 4th liner, but even so, the guy has to be able to play with Buchnevich, Chytil, or Andersson,most likely, and be able to help in all 3 zones. Not sure he does that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12