• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Could Be Part of Deal With Hurricanes?

Phil

There are teams that have expressed interest in Justin Faulk, who has two years left on his current deal with a $4.83 million annual cap hit. Dundon wonders about assets on another Eastern Conference team that is in full rebuild mode and has a handful of restricted free agents that might become part of a deal moving forward.

https://theathletic.com/409049/2018/06/27/inside-the-war-room-with-tom-dundon-and-the-carolina-hurricanes/

--

Reading the tea leaves: DeAngelo and Namestnikov for Faulk?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I like Faulk and it would ease the stress on some of the younger guys, IMO.

I like Faulk. I don't like the idea of trading AdA just yet. We've just gone through a draft where people having been soiling their kecks over guys like Bouchard and Dobson. AdA's ppg stats from his draft year are better than both of them. He has enormous offensive potential. I'd really like to give Quinn a shot at helping him fulfill it before he's moved on.

TSN had an interesting article yesterday on Faulk: https://www.tsn.ca/just-how-good-is-justin-faulk-1.1123444

I was wondering to myself why the Canes would trade him, as a team that is on the precipice of potentially becoming a playoff team with a good core. He seems like a good guy to have, but that article raises some good questions about him.

They use a chart to show Faulk is bad, but he's just a shade worse than Slavin who's considered a stud....

I'd rather role with Shatty and ADA than pay the cost for Faulk. He's just not a guy who will move the needle for this team.

The Rangers RFAs are all just throw ins - you're talking about giving up a legit prospect for Faulk. No way a combination of Namestnikov/Spooner/Vesey/ADA gets him.

I guess Carolina would've talked to him before they traded for him?

If he doesn't sign with Carolina, when do he become a FA?

I dont know, one of the Calgary insiders was talking about it. He was a "throw in" in the trade. Based on the conversations with Fox, that seemed to be the conclusion. Probably why he went for so little.

He becomes a UFA August 2020.

I dont know, one of the Calgary insiders was talking about it. He was a "throw in" in the trade. Based on the conversations with Fox, that seemed to be the conclusion. Probably why he went for so little.

Ok, then he will join the Rangers in 2020. Carolina's owner thinks his charisma, pitch and a wonderful tour of Charlotte will sway Fox. When that fails their fallback will be to trade his rights to a NY team for a 4th or something.

BTW Dude, this is why Calgary wasn't going to recoup even a late #1 pick for him, in this draft.

Lastly, Calgary insiders may be in small part trying to plant the seed now to alleviate the negative feedback they get when Fox is in the running for rookie of the year. ;)

Ok, then he will join the Rangers in 2020. Carolina's owner thinks his charisma, pitch and a wonderful tour of Charlotte will sway Fox. When that fails their fallback will be to trade his rights to a NY team for a 4th or something.

BTW Dude, this is why Calgary wasn't going to recoup even a late #1 pick for him, in this draft.

Lastly, Calgary insiders may be in small part trying to plant the seed now to alleviate the negative feedback they get when Fox is in the running for rookie of the year. ;)

He went on to say that he thinks Fox will end up being the best player involved in the trade.

I'd rather role with Shatty and ADA than pay the cost for Faulk. He's just not a guy who will move the needle for this team.

The Rangers RFAs are all just throw ins - you're talking about giving up a legit prospect for Faulk. No way a combination of Namestnikov/Spooner/Vesey/ADA gets him.

Ditto that, especially looking at the following in isolation. That would appear to compound out problem not solve it. Pass.

But Faulk’s numbers are even worse. Faulk’s on-ice save percentage is 90.7. That means that in the minutes Faulk has been on the ice, Carolina is 52 goals worse than league average and 27 goals worse than what Carolina could have reasonably expected with their goaltending talent.

About that 90.7 save percentage: It’s the worst number of any defender in the past six years, true by a considerable margin:

https://www.tsn.ca/just-how-good-is-justin-faulk-1.1123444

Faulk kinda sucks, not interested. Slavin is the freakin bomb, I'd give my left nut for him. Ask anybody who actually watches Jacob or any GM, stupid stats be damned. I'll trade for Pesce too. Problem is, those two are going nowhere.

If Carolina loses their mind and is willing to trade one for that coveted C, we'll quickly forget all about Hayes plus. They'll overpay for a top 6 center, same problem though. They are not dumb enough to trade either of those two, even in an overpay.

Ditto that, especially looking at the following in isolation. That would appear to compound out problem not solve it. Pass.

This article was dumb because it mentioned sv% but not high danger chances against. If there's a bunch of blueline clappers going in, that's not really on Faulk.

I'm a believer in the idea that a specific player can impact sv%, but this article doesn't prove that with Faulk I don't think.

Faulk kinda sucks, not interested. Slavin is the freakin bomb, I'd give my left nut for him. Ask anybody who actually watches Jacob or any GM, stupid stats be damned. I'll trade for Pesce too. Problem is, those two are going nowhere.

If Carolina loses their mind and is willing to trade one for that coveted C, we'll quickly forget all about Hayes plus. They'll overpay for a top 6 center, same problem though. They are not dumb enough to trade either of those two, even in an overpay.

Shit, give them Zibs and i wouldnt miss him if it meant one of those guys.

If he was just a "throw in" and he so badly wanted to go to NY - Why didnt we try to get him? Sounds like we could get him for a 2nd/3rd or one of our RFA, that would be a no-brainer.

Archived