• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Have Interest in Bringing Grabner Back; Not Likely Nash

Phil

Pretty much only reason I would entertain this.

I'd much rather keep bottom 6 spots open for prospects

Yup, good call you guys...honestly though I'm not sure how much Grabby would get at the deadline this coming season, especially if he puts up a stinker along the way as far as stats go. I don't expect us to win many games this year, so I'm sure his stats will be nothing to look at. Add to that the fact that he's going to play for a coach with an actual SYSTEM, and that may hinder his free skating type, fast break style of play.

Grabby is also NOT a net-front presence, so where his goals and points will come from is going to be a mystery...I'd just stay away and go with the youth movement.

Happily take him for 2 years (which makes him more valuable at the deadline), he'll get some 2 year offers.

Disagree with the assessment of a few. That was a hard situation for him to jump into and be nearly as effective as he was here. He is more than a one dimensional guy who streaks down the wing with the occasional breakaway. How quickly you guys forget.

Grabs is the ultimate 4th liner. Unmatched speed, great work ethic, physical specimen, excellent D, forecheck, backcheck and PK. He causes turnovers and creates his own golden chances from D, that works in most systems. If Quinn wants us to play a straight ahead game with speed, where F's come back to play D and can quickly transition to O, how is he not a fit?

If Fast is a 3rd liner (he ended the year great on the 1st line) then a guy like Grabs on the right side is good for the kids. Signing him to a 2 year deal does not hurt the long term, but helps going forward.

Happily take him for 2 years (which makes him more valuable at the deadline), he'll get some 2 year offers.

Disagree with the assessment of a few. That was a hard situation for him to jump into and be nearly as effective as he was here. He is more than a one dimensional guy who streaks down the wing with the occasional breakaway. How quickly you guys forget.

Grabs is the ultimate 4th liner. Unmatched speed, great work ethic, physical specimen, excellent D, forecheck, backcheck and PK. He causes turnovers and creates his own golden chances from D, that works in most systems. If Quinn wants us to play a straight ahead game with speed, where F's come back to play D and can quickly transition to O, how is he not a fit?

If Fast is a 3rd liner (he ended the year great on the 1st line) then a guy like Grabs on the right side is good for the kids. Signing him to a 2 year deal does not hurt the long term, but helps going forward.

The problem is, then you have Vesey, Fast and Grabner taking 3 of the 4 bottom 6 winger spots.

For a rebuilding club, you need to keep some bottom 6 spots open to give some prospects some sheltered minutes.

The problem is, then you have Vesey, Fast and Grabner taking 3 of the 4 bottom 6 winger spots.

For a rebuilding club, you need to keep some bottom 6 spots open to give some prospects some sheltered minutes.

I'd agree if they had any legit wing prospects. Are we planning on seeing Lettieri, Ronning, Gettinger or Gropp up here? One of the European free agents? Let's not forget they also need to fill the TOP four spots. Buch, Kreider, Zucc....In a rebuild year I think we see Vesey and Fast get pushed up the lineup even if they don't deserve it. They don't have many options.

Who?

There is room for someone, even with Grabs, according to your count. And it allows some depth for a trade. I can't really think anyone being blocked and one spot is already wide open.

Who?

There is room for someone, even with Grabs, according to your count. And it allows some depth for a trade. I can't really think anyone being blocked and one spot is already wide open.

The dude(s) who makes the team. Some euros, some prospects, Howden, who knows. Chytil, Lias, Buchnevoch, if they need to be.

I'd agree if they had any legit wing prospects. Are we planning on seeing Lettieri, Ronning, Gettinger or Gropp up here? One of the European free agents? Let's not forget they also need to fill the TOP four spots. Buch, Kreider, Zucc....In a rebuild year I think we see Vesey and Fast get pushed up the lineup even if they don't deserve it. They don't have many options.

But at least there are options. If you sign grabner, (Zucc, Kreider, Buchnevich, Fast, Vesey - 6 of 8 wing positions locked) Zib, Hayes, Chytil, Andersson, Spooner, Namestnikov 6Cs plus 2 shift to wing. That’s it.

With a rebuild, you should be trying to develop more than 2 players, especially in a throw away season.

But at least there are options. If you sign grabner, (Zucc, Kreider, Buchnevich, Fast, Vesey - 6 of 8 wing positions locked) Zib, Hayes, Chytil, Andersson, Spooner, Namestnikov 6Cs plus 2 shift to wing. That’s it.

With a rebuild, you should be trying to develop more than 2 players, especially in a throw away season.

I guess. I could care less if they bring Grabner back. I'd much rather sign some kind of physical winger. But I'd also like to ditch Vesey, Hayes and Namestnikov...

Archived