Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Lauri Pajuniemi in 5th Rd. (132nd) Pick

  1. #1
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    85,598
    Rep Power
    447

    Rangers Draft [RW] Lauri Pajuniemi in 5th Rd. (132nd) Pick

    Name: Lauri Pajuniemi
    Position: RW
    Shoots: R
    Current Team: TPS / Liiga


    Elite Prospects Profile: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...auri-pajuniemi


    Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page:http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=204705
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    87
    I'll hide this funny tidbit here. Was looking at Pajuniemi's recent stats and noticed Google Translate turns Kaapo Kakko into Crap Cake.

    https://liiga.fi/fi/pelaajat/40005898/kakko-kaapo



    BTW Pajuniemi has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 6 games averaging about 16 minutes a night for TPS.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'll hide this funny tidbit here. Was looking at Pajuniemi's recent stats and noticed Google Translate turns Kaapo Kakko into Crap Cake.

    https://liiga.fi/fi/pelaajat/40005898/kakko-kaapo



    BTW Pajuniemi has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 6 games averaging about 16 minutes a night for TPS.
    lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    22
    13 points in 35 games, 5 in the last 6 in Liiga. Looks like a solid prospect, nice pickup in the 5th round.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,416
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    13 points in 35 games, 5 in the last 6 in Liiga. Looks like a solid prospect, nice pickup in the 5th round.
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.
    ...maybe this guy is different? Please?

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.
    well, he was a 5th rounder, so Im obviously not expecting anything. Still nice to see him progressing and playing well in a tough league. Most likely he wont turn into anything (like most 5th rounders), but you never know.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,021
    Rep Power
    107
    Realistically, they need to get lucky on at least one late round prospect to help this thing turn around.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    16
    What if he turns into Fast? Big win there.

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •