• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Lauri Pajuniemi in 5th Rd. (132nd) Pick

Phil

Keep him over there 2 or 3 more seasons. Man, the progress he's made.

I thought we'd eventually see him as a Fast-like replacement, but this offensive outburst has been great... even though I think the team has had some issues this season

Yeah, the good thing about him being a 5th rounder is that there is no reason to rush him over. Give him 2/3 season, let him dominate the league before coming over.

His progress has been amazing. In a redraft he would definitely go in the 2nd or 3rd round. Still a long way to go for him, but looking good for a 5th rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He wont play there until he?s 22-23. With the season he?s having he will for sure be with Hartford next year (atleast he should). He?s younger and already better than Barron, who everyone hypes up because he play in NA.

He will be 22-23 in 2 to 3 more seasons, which is what I was responding to. I guess your opinion has shifted that past few weeks to bring him over next year instead, which I agree with.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont play there until he’s 22-23. With the season he’s having he will for sure be with Hartford next year (atleast he should). He’s younger and already better than Barron, who everyone hypes up because he play in NA.

What is this based on?

He will be 22-23 in 2 to 3 more seasons, which is what I was responding to. I guess your opinion has shifted that past few weeks to bring him over next year instead, which I agree with.

Yeah it has. Maybe he can stay 1 more year, but Im pretty sure he?s ready for the AHL next season. He?s having a better season than Kakko last year.

Yeah it has. Maybe he can stay 1 more year, but Im pretty sure he’s ready for the AHL next season. He’s having a better season than Kakko last year.

When Kakko was 17? What is the point of this? They played on the same team. Last year at 17, Kakko outscored 19 year old Pajuniemi by 26 points.

Meskanen had 44 points in 48 games as a 22 year old before signing with the pack. Lindqvist had 34 points in 33 SHL games at 23 before signing with the pack. Neither of those worked out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him come over next year and give it a shot, but there is a reason he was never on the national team and picked in the first round. So I'll ask again what makes him a future NHL player? Seems more like a Brandon Pirri and those guys don't tend to stick around in North America.

I'm more impressed by the day, but I dont know if I would suggest bringing him over earlier.

We have to understand that Hartford isn't a suitable option for foreign-born players. So, you cant bring him over until he's guaranteed a spot in the NHL lineup. Now he would be a bottom 6 forward with little upside or top 6 potential.

I'm more impressed by the day, but I dont know if I would suggest bringing him over earlier.

We have to understand that Hartford isn't a suitable option for foreign-born players. So, you cant bring him over until he's guaranteed a spot in the NHL lineup. Now he would be a bottom 6 forward with little upside or top 6 potential.

Shesty, Chytil, Hajek, Rykov, Andersson, Georgiev. You can go back to Fast and Lindberg. Europeans have done fine in Hartford. Just haven't had a lot of them.

Evaluating him would be made easier by watching him. All of his goals and games are available online. I've seen a lot and I'm very impressed by him and the way in which he is scoring. It's not a fluke and they are not hard work or grinding goals. It is skill and a big time shot and basically dominance. He looks like Panarin in that league right now with the way that he is scoring his goals. It won't translate to being like Panarin here, but he's young and it just might translate to something good. Artemi himself was at one time and undrafted afterthought at one time.

Evaluating him would be made easier by watching him. All of his goals and games are available online. I've seen a lot and I'm very impressed by him and the way in which he is scoring. It's not a fluke and they are not hard work or grinding goals. It is skill and a big time shot and basically dominance. He looks like Panarin in that league right now with the way that he is scoring his goals. It won't translate to being like Panarin here, but he's young and it just might translate to something good. Artemi himself was at one time and undrafted afterthought at one time.

I agree. Have watched a lot of his games, and Ive been really impressed by him. His improvement over the summer is amazing. Only watched a few games last season, but he wasnt nearly as dominant as this season.

I havent watched any of Barron?s games, so my opinion is biased, but Barrons had played 11 games against teenager the last 6 months, while Pajuniemi is dominating against men.

I agree. Have watched a lot of his games, and Ive been really impressed by him. His improvement over the summer is amazing. Only watched a few games last season, but he wasnt nearly as dominant as this season.

I havent watched any of Barron’s games, so my opinion is biased, but Barrons had played 11 games against teenager the last 6 months, while Pajuniemi is dominating against men.

lol, I know you're biased that's why I want to know what Pajuniemi is actually doing on the ice other than being Scandinavian. What does the number games that Barron has played have to do with his ability? The majority of NCAA players are 20-24 years old. Any 18 or 19 year olds playing meaningful minutes are most likely 1st or 2nd round picks.

Yea, I've watched his goals. The majority are one-timers on the power play. He's a minus 3 despite all those goals, so what is he doing at even strength? Brandon Pirri has an elite shot too.

Shesty, Chytil, Hajek, Rykov, Andersson, Georgiev. You can go back to Fast and Lindberg. Europeans have done fine in Hartford. Just haven't had a lot of them.

Theyve drafted a ton. Theyve brought over and signed more. They all leave, none progress into anything meaning. Hartford is a black hole.

Whatever you want to think then. I've posted lists previously, you come up with another excuse.

You try to do this every season, several times, and every time, its the same result. Nothing. Hartford can't develop players, they cant keep foreigners.. its essentially worthless.

Any draftee playing in Europe should stay there until their guaranteed a spot on the NHL roster. No sense for a guy like Pajuniemi to come over and play 3rd line minutes, getting no opportunities, in the AHL.

• 4 weeks later...