Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Tavares, No Kovy for the Rangers

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    If they are committing to the rebuild, they should at least lower ticket prices
    I'd expect to skate in Hell first.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He was offered 8 years and 88 million. How much more can it be driven up ?
    Well this set the market - it's 7 x $12.5 for any other team.

5 teams being in on him will likely drive that number up. I wouldn't sleep on a short-term, high dollar deal either. Some reporter was kicking around the idea that TOR might offer a 1-year max, which would be $16m. If a team can do that and then offer a 7-year big contract on it's heels, that will drive the price up quite a bit.

Senior Member Midget Division
    saw something over the weekend that Tampa will not offer Kunitz a new deal. I'd love to get him in here for a year for nothing other than him showing the youngsters how a true pro handles himself. I've also
    heard he is a great locker room guy.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    I'd expect to skate in Hell first.
    honestly my plan is to try and take a road trip to see a game. If im gonna pay out the ass for a game I might as well make a trip out of it

honestly my plan is to try and take a road trip to see a game. If im gonna pay out the ass for a game I might as well make a trip out of it
    Awesome idea. If you have a week (sandwich'd between weekends) fly to the west coast, rent a car. Escape the winter. See a game in LA or Ana and then head up RR101 along the coast and enjoy the Pacific and all the sights. Spend a day and night in Monterey and Carmel. Eat, drink, do edibles. Go to game in SJ, hit Santa Cruz or Frisco. Take the long way to wine country up the Sonoma Coast. Stay in Sonoma, do wine tours, etc. Head back south toward the cheapest airport Oak/SF/SJ.

Or if ya wanna skip SoCal, just go to SJ and travel from Carmel Monterey --->SF, Sonoma --->Avenue of the Giants into Humbodlt
    Last edited by Giacomin; 06-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    For some playoff games you can get road game tickets plus flight & hotel + money to spend for cheaper than the ticket price alone at MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He was offered 8 years and 88 million. How much more can it be driven up ?
    He's basically the only franchise player to hit free agency since the salary cap. Unless I'm missing someone else.

My thinking is that it may take a while for him to decide. I really can't think of 5 teams that can afford him. He'd have to think hard about where to go.

SJ is really the only suitor that makes sense. Who else is there?

Toronto isn't going to convince him to come for a 1 year deal. That'd be the dumbest thing he could do. Can they go for more years? If they do, I think they have to trade Marner or Nylander because they will need to get paid very soon. I will shit if they unload one of them for a D man. Unless it's to the Rangers...

What team is competing and has the cap room? I don't see Tampa or Dallas as teams that can afford him with out gutting their teams or getting rid of some contracts (Dallas and Spezza), or endangering signing future RFAs (Dallas Seguin, TB Kucherov, Point). Is Boston able to afford him? Who's the 5th team? LA? How's that going to work?

Someone is going to be willing to spend more than these teams. His best option to get everything IMO is SJ.

Off the top of my head, his best option to get paid, is in NY. Islanders or Rangers. Unless I'm missing some other teams that have that draw.

SJ, Vegas, Boston, they'll dump Backes

Rangers? It's over, let it go.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    SJ, Vegas, Boston, they'll dump Backes

Rangers? It's over, let it go.
    let it go? who was holding on

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    let it go? who was holding on
    Dude! He mentioned the Rangers one sentence above mine. I was not implying anything else. I'm not even sure how serious he meant it.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    For some playoff games you can get road game tickets plus flight & hotel + money to spend for cheaper than the ticket price alone at MSG
    Or you can just go to Newark and see them there in a building that actually has some juice to it. If you need a nap there is no place like msg

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Dude! He mentioned the Rangers one sentence above mine. I was not implying anything else. I'm not even sure how serious he meant it.
    Oh, I mean it. Never count the Rangers out of a big time free agent. Especially with a shit ton of cap space.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    My Game 6 Expenses to Vancouver in '94 = $600 plane; $100 lodging; $175 ticket (somehow scalpers had loads of tix left outside arena even though the whole province was going nuts!). At same time, Game 5 and 7 tix in NY were going for several thousand. Luckily a good friend took me to Game 7. Good friend, no?

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    My Game 6 Expenses to Vancouver in '94 = $600 plane; $100 lodging; $175 ticket (somehow scalpers had loads of tix left outside arena even though the whole province was going nuts!). At same time, Game 5 and 7 tix in NY were going for several thousand. Luckily a good friend took me to Game 7. Good friend, no?
    I had tickets lined up for game 7 for 5k a piece. Guy called me and said he was offered 8k each. I watched it under the Garden at Houlihans. Place was jammed, gave the hostess $200 for the managers reserved table. Place got trashed. What a night.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    my friends drink all my booze and dont help me clean up afterwards.

sounds like a keeper

Senior Member Squirt Division
    F Kovy that's good news. As for JT I don't think we ever had a legit shot. Good for him he earned the right to follow his heart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12