Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Round Reactions

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
    well actually judging your past piss poor ptedictions im even more pumped for Lias
    ? Meaning what? What past piss poor predictions sir? Contribute something. Anything.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Pretty happy overall.
    Three excellent prospects for a org needing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Great picks for a team that is still in rebuilding. Kravtsov can skate, just not as good as Hughes (Drew a Penalty). K'andre Miller and Lundkvist to build up what was a terrible and injury-riddled defense

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Great picks for a team that is still in rebuilding. Kravtsov can skate, just not as good as Hughes (Drew a Penalty). K'andre Miller and Lundkvist to build up what was a terrible and injury-riddled defense
    I took an over critical look at Dmen after Ty Smith, for our 26 and 28 picks. There were really only 4 (maybe 5) players that stood out as good bets to be top 4 Dmen who could skate. And Bode Wilde had other issues.

I think we got the best lefty and righty. Though I dig Sandin too. These later firsts are key and we scored.

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    If you need to feel a little better about Kravtsov, go back and listen to the HockeyProspect.com podcast. They had him rated #6 overall (though nobody else was close to that). The superlatives come fast and furiously. Put it on repeat until the pain goes away.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Internet experts: it's a shit pick
    Actual experts: it's a good pick

Hmmm.
    Expect the actual experts are also questioning the pick.

But then we says they're shitty experts because they don't like the pick.

So really the only real experts are the ones that agree with the internet experts.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Solid enough to me.
    Glad we drafted a scoring forward ... because NYR (which shed some point-productive players during the last year, Nash, Stepan, Grabner, Miller however frustrating each might have been ) has been having trouble finishing in what is now an even more offense-oriented league that is was, at least in the regular season.
    While I was hoping for Wahlstrom, I'm still excited by Kravstov.
    Where I am a bit dumbfounded is the next slew of picks featured only 1 forward and 58 defensemen.
    OK so we were shyte in that department, but we recently added, Rykov, Lindgren, Pionk, Hajek, and we get Shattenkirk back from injury, so I thought we'd add more forwards.
    It is what it is.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It’s cool, it’s looking more and more like we are poised to draft Hughes next draft. That is before we take the 46th ranked guy with our first over all pick (sorry I had to).

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Expect the actual experts are also questioning the pick.

But then we says they're shitty experts because they don't like the pick.

So really the only real experts are the ones that agree with the internet experts.
    Link to an expert calling it a reach, a poor or questionable pick or going off the board please? Not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen them.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 06-24-2018 at 04:20 AM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Link to an expert calling it a reach, a poor or questionable pick or going off the board please? Not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen them.
    Did you watch the draft?

Yes.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    So then you have your answer LOL.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    McKenzie had Kravtsov at 12 and the only forward between he and Wahlstrom was Barrett Hayton, taken 5th overall by Arizona.

So for one of the most respected men in hockey, Wahlstrom and Kravtsov were right next to each other as far as forwards and only 3 picks apart. This wasn't a reach like taking someone ranked 18th overall in the 7th spot. It wasn't even the reach that Arizona made for Hayton because they wanted a center.

This was simply a matter of preference between two very similar in value prospects.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Can we simulate a season or 2?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    McKenzie had Kravtsov at 12 and the only forward between he and Wahlstrom was Barrett Hayton, taken 5th overall by Arizona.

So for one of the most respected men in hockey, Wahlstrom and Kravtsov were right next to each other as far as forwards and only 3 picks apart. This wasn't a reach like taking someone ranked 18th overall in the 7th spot. It wasn't even the reach that Arizona made for Hayton because they wanted a center.

This was simply a matter of preference between two very similar in value prospects.
    Sure.

Unless we look at Wahlstrom who was highly rated all year vs a guy who flew up the ranks because of a hot playoff.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Sure.

Unless we look at Wahlstrom who was highly rated all year vs a guy who flew up the ranks because of a hot playoff.
    Whalstrom dominated his peers as an 18 year old. Kravtsov flew up the rank because of success against the better teams of grown men in the KHL playoffs. He had already had success against players his own age when he was 17. I suspect if he stayed in the lower ranks in Russia he'd have been similarly as dominate.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    I think the FO thought Wahlstrom would be off the boards when we were to make the pick, so they scouted the next best available winger (Kravstov) and fell in love with him.

So then you have your answer LOL.
    McKenzie didn't describe the pick as shit, poor or a reach as far as I could hear.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I’ll hold judgement on this pick for a couple of years.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    McKenzie didn't describe the pick as shit, poor or a reach as far as I could hear.
    I believe the exact words after he was drafted were something like “this pick isn’t entirely off the boards”...

I think they were surprised we didn’t go Wahlstrom but then they had nothing but good things to say about Krav.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast