• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [D] K'Andre Miller in 1st Rd. (22nd) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was excited when we drafted him but now I feel like we got a steal even if we traded the extra 2nd it was worth it. Scary thing is he is realitively new to the position but has picked things up so quickly

I'm all for him playing at least another year at Wisconsin to grow/learn the position.

However, offense is not an issue. [Gravesy check-out the guys at hockeyprospects.com to supplement Pronman.] Simply, the only big question was him becoming a legitimate defensemen,

I don't think anybody said offense was an "issue", merely that scouts were uncertain about the offensive upside. Surprisingly you might say, considering he's a convert from forward. So it's good to see him putting up points at this rate. I haven't seen anyone questioning the defensive side of his game.

I'm just going to assume he's going to be Brent Burns and I refuse to be disappointed.

Are you busting my balls?

Slobber good info. He's from Minny and could have attended any of the midwest hockey schools. Would like to know why he choose Wisc. over Minn and others. Was it simplyb because of their track record with Dmen?

I don't think anybody said offense was an "issue", merely that scouts were uncertain about the offensive upside. Surprisingly you might say, considering he's a convert from forward. So it's good to see him putting up points at this rate. I haven't seen anyone questioning the defensive side of his game.

Not so much his defense, more about how refined he is at playing the position. Part of it is the abilityl to reliably shutdown top players rushing into the zone as a traditional standup dman.

Here's a great article that really adds some insight and even addresses why he went to Wisc., answering my own question. BTW, he says it was Tony Granato! One of my favs, gotta love it. His hockey hero is Mikko Koivu. There is good stuff about defense, offense, being a "power center".

https://www.nhl.com/news/kandre-miller-sees-himself-as-fourth-forward/c-294838648

Why would a 1st round draft pick in the NHL give a fuck about going to College? Your career path has kind of been defined. The degree isn't going to be worth the paper it's printed on in 20 years anyways.
So that if he gets hurt he doesn't have to pump gas, maybe.