• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should Middlestadt it and say “if you want me, you pay me now, or I stay here for now”

From a rangers management standpoint, you hope he’s done playing for the year and comes over for post-draft prospect camp, signs and stays.

That's only if he plays in New York. He can play in Hartford this season without accumulating a professional year towards the expansion draft. He also can't play in New York because of ELC complications.

He's coming over once his season is over. Should be within the next two weeks.

Can he do both?

PTO in Hartford and then sign like a 1-year deal in the KHL next year before signing an ELC? Have to imagine he might want to take the cashola instead of playing in Hartford.

Depends on their plan for him I guess. Unless something dramatic happens in Hartford I'd be sceptical of him spending a year there.

The Rangers certainly could do with a big, skillful winger but if he winds up playing on the 4th line with Brickley and Boo I'm not so sure.

It might be for the best that he spends another year in the KHL, even though from a personal perspective I'd be a lot more interested in next season if he's with the Rangers.

• Like 1

The KHL isn't a developmental league. He's got a lot to learn especially about playing away from the puck on an NHL rink things you just can't learn unless you're on an NHL rink. He should just come over, regardless of the role. Isn't he not in the top-six over there anyway?

The KHL isn't a developmental league. He's got a lot to learn especially about playing away from the puck on an NHL rink things you just can't learn unless you're on an NHL rink. He should just come over, regardless of the role. Isn't he not in the top-six over there anyway?

I agree for the most part, but I'm just not so sure that 7-8 minutes on the 4th line with scrubs is the best for his development, because we all know that will happen.

Let him play top 6 minutes in KHL and keep focusing on developing his offensive talent. He's still just 19 and I feel this team often rushes their prospects and want them "NHL ready" and solid defensively first, without letting them realising their offensive potential. Too much time on the 4th line and in the press box for young talents is not good.

Kinda what Gravesy said about Quinn with the grit before talent thing and Im just afraid that will happen to Kravtsov aswell.

I agree for the most part, but I'm just not so sure that 7-8 minutes on the 4th line with scrubs is the best for his development, because we all know that will happen.

Let him play top 6 minutes in KHL and keep focusing on developing his offensive talent. He's still just 19 and I feel this team often rushes their prospects and want them "NHL ready" and solid defensively first, without letting them realising their offensive potential. Too much time on the 4th line and in the press box for young talents is not good.

Kinda what Gravesy said about Quinn with the grit before talent thing and Im just afraid that will happen to Kravtsov aswell.

I don't really agree, if he winds up on the 4th line its because his play warrants it and that's the kind of tough love he's not gonna get in the KHL

Seems like top 6 AHL minutes - which he would almost certainly play right now, even if a step down from KHL minutes - would at least get him started on adjusting to both the NA game and cultural differences of living/working in NA. One of the raps on Kravtsov now is that you can physically neutralize him, so learning to minimize that is something that he will want to address whether it is under grit, physical development, or just strategies for NHL survival.

I don't really agree, if he winds up on the 4th line its because his play warrants it and that's the kind of tough love he's not gonna get in the KHL

But a 19 y/old will be incosistent and I just feel like that will lead to too many games in the press box and on the 4th line, which for a short time could be good, but not when that happens for an entire season (see Buch last year, partly Chytil this year).

And I dont want him anywhere near that Hartford team the way they are now, so its a kinda tough choice rn.

But a 19 y/old will be incosistent and I just feel like that will lead to too many games in the press box and on the 4th line, which for a short time could be good, but not when that happens for an entire season (see Buch last year, partly Chytil this year).

And I dont want him anywhere near that Hartford team the way they are now, so its a kinda tough choice rn.

They better clean house in Hartford as soon as the season ends. They can't have another year of this morass, particularly if Shestyorkin is there to start 2019-20.

what makes anyone think that he will play 6-7 mins a night on the fourth line? has anyone seen any of our skilled rookies play on the 4th line with scrubs for any prolonged period of time? And if he does end up on the 4th line, im sure it will be because he warrants it. I don't think he's going to develop any worse in NA rather than in KHL. if fact, i'd say NA is better than Russia in that regard

what makes anyone think that he will play 6-7 mins a night on the fourth line? has anyone seen any of our skilled rookies play on the 4th line with scrubs for any prolonged period of time? And if he does end up on the 4th line, im sure it will be because he warrants it. I don't think he's going to develop any worse in NA rather than in KHL. if fact, i'd say NA is better than Russia in that regard

his KHL team will use him however they want to best fit their needs for the short term since they aren't going to be worried as much about his development, whereas here, we will actually be concerned with his future development and utilize him in ways that will benefit him long term.

Get him over. If he isn't exactly NHL ready yet, he'll play top line minutes in Hartford. If he's ready for top 6 duties here, he's be played there. Plain and simple

his KHL team will use him however they want to best fit their needs for the short term since they aren't going to be worried as much about his development, whereas here, we will actually be concerned with his future development and utilize him in ways that will benefit him long term.

Get him over. If he isn't exactly NHL ready yet, he'll play top line minutes in Hartford. If he's ready for top 6 duties here, he's be played there. Plain and simple

my thoughts exactly

that’s inaccurate. They try to get guys to stay. They try to make guys better - seeing as they used him last season as a 17 year old... And they also try to win. In the case a guy does leave, they want to make sure he wants to go back to their team. In reality, they are much more cautious with how they treat and use good talent. KHL set-up is better for development, they lack the resources, though.

that’s inaccurate. They try to get guys to stay. They try to make guys better - seeing as they used him last season as a 17 year old... And they also try to win. In the case a guy does leave, they want to make sure he wants to go back to their team. In reality, they are much more cautious with how they treat and use good talent. KHL set-up is better for development, they lack the resources, though.

talent will leave and KHL is not na?ve to think otherwise. Talent wants to earn more money and play against other best players. and that's here in NA. every Russian kid putting skates on dreams of making millions and playing in the NHL, im sure. until KHL can compete with NHL, things wont change. Also, KHL teams get compensated for Russian players leaving for NA. Sweden is doing very well and pumping out lots of good hockey players with that compensation money