• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 6'4" isn't right unless he somehow grew in another inch in a month since the combine and EliteProspects somehow got that measurement. He was 6'2.8" at the combine so 6'3". Still, he has great size potential if he fills out his frame. He knows how to use his reach to his advantage. He's not a burner, but he can move his feet. He's just not a pretty skater like Hughes.

There was no way he was getting past the Isles or Dallas, the Stars had interest. Many teams (according to a scout survey) had him in the top 12, i think the worst was 17. The only question is will he be better than Wahlstrom and Dobson, who were the only guys consistently ranked higher by scouts. And for this discussion, are two guys most experts and fans were very high on. We'll get to compare right here in our backyard.

If we want to add that mgmt had him higher than Zadina, then we'll keep an eye on him too and see which guy is the next Laine. Or Kuz in Krat's case.

If we are to be honest though, Islander and Red Wing fans have reason to be overjoyed.

• Like 1

Gorton definitely does not follow the old dictum: "No one ever got fired for buying IBM"

I appreciate Gorton's balls, but God save him from the wrath of this board three years from now if it does not work out.

Only way this pick looks good is if Walhstrom busts.

This isn't true, but Wahlstrom going bust would be righteous in dispelling the concerns that the Rangers left the better, and higher-ranked player on the board here.

He should stay in the KHL and get more success on his home court. Unlike Wahlstrom, who has really distinguished himself as a goal scorer, Kravtsov is still a bundle of potential and premium tools that had a great playoffs. Let him loose for a year - out from under ice time strictures for kids - and see what he can do before changing countries, cultures, and systems.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

He should stay in the KHL and get more success on his home court. Unlike Wahlstrom, who has really distinguished himself as a goal scorer, Kravtsov is still a bundle of potential and premium tools that had a great playoffs. Let him loose for a year - out from under ice time strictures for kids - and see what he can do before changing countries, cultures, and systems.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's like comparing an 18 YO who lit up short season A Ball and a 18 YO who put up decent numbers in AAA. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but Kravtsov would have destroyed the USHL, like Wahlstrom did.

I'm just saying he hasn't really been given the chance to put up those decent numbers in AAA. He had 4 pre-playoff goals last season - albeit in restricted ice time - and then a great playoffs. Stay with the stronger competition and see what he can do.

I don't disagree on that point, probably the prudent think to do.

I don't think anyone has his CHL rights, I can't find it anyways.

Don't think there is any chance he plays in the CHL. IF he buys out his last year in the KHL, he'll be in Hartford with 9 Ranger games at the end of the year just like Chytil and Andersson.

It probably is.

But I can see the temptation to bring him over straight away. Let’s be honest; if you’re good enough to be a top 6 guy for a final 4 team in the KHL there’s a good to fair chance you’re making our roster next season.

It probably is.

But I can see the temptation to bring him over straight away. Let’s be honest; if you’re good enough to be a top 6 guy for a final 4 team in the KHL there’s a good to fair chance you’re making our roster next season.

Possibly, but in Hartford he can play 20 minutes a night, get a load of PP time, and save a year of his ELC.