Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 296

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

  1. #81
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    And Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, and maybe others ready to roll after a year with the Pack (or even some big league time).

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #82
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    https://hctraktor.org/media/news/

    Staying in Russia to play in KHL next season.
    Great news for Chelyabinsk (where Kuz played) and us. He can enjoy one last year home and take English lessons,

  3. #83
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.
    Rather see one of the kids get promoted around Thanksgiving and another in Jan/Feb. It is good for them to get a taste of the A and earn it. In the long run they'll appreciate it more.

    Highly doubt Shesty comes over and starts. Rykov and Lindgren are no locks to make the team. Hajek and Howden project more optimistically and should be here for good by 2019-20. I would guess Kravtsov too, if he has a strong year in the KHL.

  4. #84
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    The one thing I’m not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I don’t trust them in developing players.

    These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don’t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

    We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a “throw them out there and see what we got”, but you need a little of both during development
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #85
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,041
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The one thing Iím not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I donít trust them in developing players.

    These kids played 40ish games last season, and I donít think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

    We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a ďthrow them out there and see what we gotĒ, but you need a little of both during development
    Skjei is not a bad defensive player.

    He's a good player who had a bad defensive year along with every other not named Staal.

  6. #86
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    He’s a good 4/5 guy, sure.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #87
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,041
    Rep Power
    502

  8. #88
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He’s a good 4/5 guy, sure.
    You're being funny, haha.

    Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

    What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?

  9. #89
    Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    18
    When does the KHL end their season ? I was reading Brooks and he wrote the KHL starts September 1, so maybe he can get a few games either in Hartford or maybe a game or two with the big club.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  10. #90
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    You're being funny, haha.
    It's essentially the only time he's played good hockey in the NHL.

    Sure, unpopular opinion.
    Time will tell
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  11. #91
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    You're being funny, haha.

    Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

    What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?
    During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

    Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  12. #92
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

    Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.
    Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?

  13. #93
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?
    Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  14. #94
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.
    Anisimov was a ppg player in the AHL, but the AHL caused him to lose all offensive ability? How does that make sense?

  15. #95
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Putting up points in the AHL and developing into an offensive NHL player are not the same.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #96
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    84
    Not to mention the coaching staff is different from back then...

  17. #97
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,041
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

    Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.
    Is Gernander still there?

  18. #98
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Not to mention the coaching staff is different from back then...
    And I hope it improves.

    Until then, Proceed with Caution!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  19. #99
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Notable alumni

    The following players have played both 100 games in Hartford and 100 games in the National Hockey League:

    Artem Anisimov
    Derek Armstrong
    Nigel Dawes
    Daniel Girardi
    Jason LaBarbera
    Lauri Korpikoski
    J. T. Miller
    Al Montoya
    P. A. Parenteau
    Corey Potter
    Tom Pyatt
    Wade Redden
    Michael Sauer
    P. J. Stock
    Cam Talbot
    Dale Weise
    Craig Weller

    -wiki
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  20. #100
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,081
    Rep Power
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is Gernander still there?
    First line RW, I assume.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •