Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    We will see.
    And there are a lot of top line players in the KHL who aren’t NHL quality, in fact the majority of them.
    And the fact it would probably not benefit his development.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I don’t think it’s necessarily true “the majority of KHL top line players aren’t NHL quality”. In any case, I already said I think it would be best for him to stay there another year.

But, if you assume Buch and Kreider are our first line wingers, there really is fuck all after that in terms of dynamic wingers. I’m not saying it’s a lock, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch either.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Being that no one here ever had this guy as a possibility at 9 before we drafted him. I’m going to say nobody here knows the best way to develop him or can even say what he is or will be. Honestly who here has seen this kid play more than a game total at best?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Kravtsov became a hockey player in Chelyabinsk. The fact is, he looks exactly like a player typical of that organization. He’s got very good technique and is a smooth skater. To many, it reminds them of the style of a recent Stanley Cup champion in Yevgeni Kuznetsov. Many experts draw comparison between the two players.
    Kravtsov started the 2017-18 campaign with an injury, a problem that pretty much costed him a spot in the Russian WJC roster. He had a rocky start to the season after recovering from a broken wrist that kept him out for seven weeks. He didn’t loo like himself until the second half of the season. Kravtsov ended the regular season below expectations, with four goals and three assist. But the playoffs certainly made up for that.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/artic...geni-kuznetsov

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Being that no one here ever had this guy as a possibility at 9 before we drafted him. I’m going to say nobody here knows the best way to develop him or can even say what he is or will be. Honestly who here has seen this kid play more than a game total at best?
    I think that's all fair. (Fortunately, I did listen to the HockeyProspect ratings podcast on the train on Saturday afternoon with its #6 overall ranking and flowery praise, so when I watched the pick I had something to fall back on rather than pure shock.) Obviously the coaching staff will want to check in with that of Traktor to evaluate how Kravtsov would be used and what kind of coaching he would get and any number of those questions could result in the Rangers wanting to get him here pronto. We don't have that expertise or those answers. I'd just like to see the kid succeed in his home environment before he's out trying to conquer the world - and the girls in Times Square. And for whatever reason, he hasn't really done that yet over a full season.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Yes, he needs some experience with the Chelyabinsk babes to get warmed up for lovely lasses of NY who will eat him alive.

I've always been fascinated by that team. "Traktor". How can you not love that name? That's so cold, heavy and Russian to name a team after the big-ass factory where the entire city worked.

Moderator Junior Division
    Lots of folks had him as a potential top-10 pick. He was a late riser, but he didn't sneak up on anybody.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    He has greater potential than Chytil, that’s what is exciting about the pick. But from everything I’ve read is that he is raw..

Which is the opposite of more refined and NHL ready

I don't think the organization looks at him as particularly raw. In his presser, Clarke talked about how he has a really good hockey sense and has the ability to make snap decisions and make a play when there's nothing there. He said he doesn't think Kravtsov is ready yet, specifically, but the way he spoke didn't sound like they thought he was that far off.

He also compared him favorably, at this point, to Kuznetsov.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    My impression from both Gorton’s interview and Kravtov’s was that his future will be determined at rookie camp as neither side seems to be sure if he’s ready. I believe it was said that his agent would be in NY at the end of the week to discuss options.

I have no problem with him staying in Russia but I also like the AHL route as it’s still good competition and he gets to transition to an NHL sized rink at a lower level.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

I believe Josh mentioned selecting him prior to the draft. Edit: actually so did Dunny, saying it would be a steal.
    Last edited by Vodka Drunkenski; 06-26-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lots of folks had him as a potential top-10 pick. He was a late riser, but he didn't sneak up on anybody.
    This is revisionist history. He might have been in top 10 forwards. But not overall. At least not for "lots" of folks.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    https://hctraktor.org/media/news/

Staying in Russia to play in KHL next season.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post

Wow. Nice catch. Heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post

Must spread some rep
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

If true, I am alright with that. Let him develop.

Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

“Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR”

This is exciting

Good call, Mom and Dad Kravtsov! It's a year more maturity, a competitive bar to measure by, and a chance to increase his underlying confidence and character. Now let's just stay away from the broken bones. (And can we stream the games?)

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division
    It's probably a good decision.
    It's going to be exciting next year with Shesty, Kravtsov and Rykov all coming over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    It's probably a good decision.
    It's going to be exciting next year with Shesty, Kravtsov and Rykov all coming over.
    And Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, and maybe others ready to roll after a year with the Pack (or even some big league time).

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast