• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

I was hoping he'll make the club in october

Oh...maybe I understood it wrong. I thought it just meant they wouldn't let him out of his contract for the remainder of this year which I would assume runs until the KHL playoffs are completely over.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR"

— Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) July 9, 2018

nvm. I assume KHL's playoffs end at about the same time as NHL"s regular season

Him not coming over is a good thing. He has nothing to learn/gain (outside of an early transition to North America) by playing for a bad team, would burn the first year of his ELC in doing so, and would have to be protected against Seattle expansion. It's a perfect storm of "nope."

"Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR"

— Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) July 9, 2018

nvm. I assume KHL's playoffs end at about the same time as NHL"s regular season

Some KHL contracts terminate upon completion of the season. Kravtsov's contract goes until April 30th. He would need to be "released" by Traktor for him to come and sign in NY/Hartford before April 30th.

I assume they didnt do this for a few reasons - if they release him now, and he returns to KHL this year or in 10 years, I think they lose his rights upon releasing him. They can re-negotiate his KHL contract now, and include an NHL-out clause. Or let his contract expire and retain his rights.

Him not coming over is a good thing. He has nothing to learn/gain (outside of an early transition to North America) by playing for a bad team, would burn the first year of his ELC in doing so, and would have to be protected against Seattle expansion. It's a perfect storm of "nope."

A hundred times this.

https://foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-roundup-kravtsovs-khl-team-releases-statement/

Traktor does not want to release Kravtsov from his contract, because it would mean they lose his KHL rights.

With a possible lockout only 3 years away, they would give up a valuable asset. They could opt to sign him to a KHL deal or trade his rights to one of the bigger clubs in exchange for money or draft picks/prospects.

Traktor will give Kravtsov a qualifying offer to retain his KHL rights.

• 8 months later...

I'm getting worried. I blame him, more than the Rangers. He's doing nothing.

I'm at the point where I've placed him in my "project" category. He now has to show me he even deserves to come back to NA. I'm looking at another full season over there as the most likely outcome.

I'm getting worried. I blame him, more than the Rangers. He's doing nothing.

I'm at the point where I've placed him in my "project" category. He now has to show me he even deserves to come back to NA. I'm looking at another full season over there as the most likely outcome.

He's gotten progressively worse.

If our number 7 and number 9 picks bust, we're in real trouble.

I wouldn't say we're in trouble, lots of picks bust, nor am I saying he's a bust, but I think it's safe to say we're unable to pencil him in for anything at this point. Total Wildcard in my mind who I now view as a draft and follow type who stays over there for 4 years. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just a really disappointing season from him, for multiple reasons.

I don’t know if they can loan him again. There’s no transfer agreement in place between the NHL and KHL.

He really just has to suck it up. If his issue is getting benched then he’s facing the same issues in Russia. Just 41 seconds played in his last game. He has to learn that it’s part of the process. If he doesn’t like it, too bad.

Things have gone from bad to worse:

Link:

Keep in mind, Kravstov has played in the VHL this season, but that was purportedly to get him some playing time during a break in the schedule. That is not the case now, as Traktor has a game tomorrow night.

If I'm Rangers brass, I'd be pretty worried. Maybe they need to get someone over there to have a chat with him.