• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it 100% that he's coming over already after this season? I see that Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played in the KHL even in their D+3 season. I feel like it would be typical Rangers to rush things.

Not 100%, but I think it's unlikely that he signs another contract in the KHL, I don't remember specifically, but I think both were under contract for longer than Kravtsov. Tarasenko, specifically, turned down money to move to NA after his contract ended, but that wasnt' the year he was drafted.

I wouldn't mess around with Kravtsov. Give him the ELC and get him into N.A. He's not going to get much better in the KHL than he already is, he just needs to mature physically. The Traktor season ends on Feb 22, if I'm the Rangers, I'd have him playing with Hartford by March 1, giving him 18 regular season games and then whatever in the playoffs.

I was thinking most guys only get 9 games max, but I was thinking junior guys.

No, don?t waste a year. I agree.

It goes by age in the signing year. He'd be signing in 2019, at age 19, and turn 20 before the end of the year so he wouldn't slide.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What is the likelihood that he would be traded? If the KHL works anything like here, Traktor would get anything they could for him on the way out the door. Playing out the string with a competitive playoff team might not be the worst thing - even as opposed to getting his feet wet in Hartford.

A trade would be the best scenario. KHL playoffs > AHL playoffs easily.

Yep, I want him to take another season there aswell. Even if it was other circumstances with Tarasenko and Kutnetzov, they both played 3 seasons in the KHL after being drafted and they became studs. Don't want to (nor do we need to, we're probably going to suck next season aswell) rush him, we saw what happend to Yakupov.

Yep, I want him to take another season there aswell. Even if it was other circumstances with Tarasenko and Kutnetzov, they both played 3 seasons in the KHL after being drafted and they became studs. Don't want to (nor do we need to, we're probably going to suck next season aswell) rush him, we saw what happend to Yakupov.

Yakupov played junior hockey in Canada.

Ovechkin, Kucherov, Malkin, and Kovalchuck didn't stay in Russia.

Sign him. Bring him over. Don't end up with Kirill Kaprizov.