• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, and maybe others ready to roll after a year with the Pack (or even some big league time).

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.

yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.

Rather see one of the kids get promoted around Thanksgiving and another in Jan/Feb. It is good for them to get a taste of the A and earn it. In the long run they'll appreciate it more.

Highly doubt Shesty comes over and starts. Rykov and Lindgren are no locks to make the team. Hajek and Howden project more optimistically and should be here for good by 2019-20. I would guess Kravtsov too, if he has a strong year in the KHL.

The one thing I’m not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I don’t trust them in developing players.

These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don’t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a “throw them out there and see what we got”, but you need a little of both during development

The one thing I?m not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I don?t trust them in developing players.

These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don?t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a ?throw them out there and see what we got?, but you need a little of both during development

Skjei is not a bad defensive player.

He's a good player who had a bad defensive year along with every other not named Staal.

He’s a good 4/5 guy, sure.

You're being funny, haha.

Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?

You're being funny, haha.

Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?

During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.

During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.

Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?

Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?

Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.

Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.

Anisimov was a ppg player in the AHL, but the AHL caused him to lose all offensive ability? How does that make sense?

Is Gernander still there?

Notable alumni

The following players have played both 100 games in Hartford and 100 games in the National Hockey League:

Artem Anisimov

Derek Armstrong

Nigel Dawes

Daniel Girardi

Jason LaBarbera

Lauri Korpikoski

J. T. Miller

Al Montoya

P. A. Parenteau

Corey Potter

Tom Pyatt

Wade Redden