Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Banned Junior Division
    what makes anyone think that he will play 6-7 mins a night on the fourth line? has anyone seen any of our skilled rookies play on the 4th line with scrubs for any prolonged period of time? And if he does end up on the 4th line, im sure it will be because he warrants it. I don't think he's going to develop any worse in NA rather than in KHL. if fact, i'd say NA is better than Russia in that regard

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    what makes anyone think that he will play 6-7 mins a night on the fourth line? has anyone seen any of our skilled rookies play on the 4th line with scrubs for any prolonged period of time? And if he does end up on the 4th line, im sure it will be because he warrants it. I don't think he's going to develop any worse in NA rather than in KHL. if fact, i'd say NA is better than Russia in that regard
    his KHL team will use him however they want to best fit their needs for the short term since they aren't going to be worried as much about his development, whereas here, we will actually be concerned with his future development and utilize him in ways that will benefit him long term.

Get him over. If he isn't exactly NHL ready yet, he'll play top line minutes in Hartford. If he's ready for top 6 duties here, he's be played there. Plain and simple

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    his KHL team will use him however they want to best fit their needs for the short term since they aren't going to be worried as much about his development, whereas here, we will actually be concerned with his future development and utilize him in ways that will benefit him long term.

Get him over. If he isn't exactly NHL ready yet, he'll play top line minutes in Hartford. If he's ready for top 6 duties here, he's be played there. Plain and simple
    my thoughts exactly

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    that’s inaccurate. They try to get guys to stay. They try to make guys better - seeing as they used him last season as a 17 year old... And they also try to win. In the case a guy does leave, they want to make sure he wants to go back to their team. In reality, they are much more cautious with how they treat and use good talent. KHL set-up is better for development, they lack the resources, though.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    that’s inaccurate. They try to get guys to stay. They try to make guys better - seeing as they used him last season as a 17 year old... And they also try to win. In the case a guy does leave, they want to make sure he wants to go back to their team. In reality, they are much more cautious with how they treat and use good talent. KHL set-up is better for development, they lack the resources, though.
    talent will leave and KHL is not naïve to think otherwise. Talent wants to earn more money and play against other best players. and that's here in NA. every Russian kid putting skates on dreams of making millions and playing in the NHL, im sure. until KHL can compete with NHL, things wont change. Also, KHL teams get compensated for Russian players leaving for NA. Sweden is doing very well and pumping out lots of good hockey players with that compensation money

Senior Member Midget Division
    Traktor eliminated from the playoffs...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by @IgorEronko
    Traktor won't terminate Vitali Kravtsov's contract, team's GM just confirmed me that, so don't expect Kravtsov to join #NYR this season
    https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/statu...73312132608000

Banned Junior Division
    thanks for pissing on our parade, josh

thanks for pissing on our parade, josh
    That's not really a big deal. It doesn't mean he won't be here starting in September.

Banned Junior Division
    I was hoping he'll make the club in october

I was hoping he'll make the club in october
    Oh...maybe I understood it wrong. I thought it just meant they wouldn't let him out of his contract for the remainder of this year which I would assume runs until the KHL playoffs are completely over.

Banned Junior Division
    "Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR"
    — Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) July 9, 2018

nvm. I assume KHL's playoffs end at about the same time as NHL"s regular season

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Him not coming over is a good thing. He has nothing to learn/gain (outside of an early transition to North America) by playing for a bad team, would burn the first year of his ELC in doing so, and would have to be protected against Seattle expansion. It's a perfect storm of "nope."
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

"Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR"
    — Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) July 9, 2018

nvm. I assume KHL's playoffs end at about the same time as NHL"s regular season
    Some KHL contracts terminate upon completion of the season. Kravtsov's contract goes until April 30th. He would need to be "released" by Traktor for him to come and sign in NY/Hartford before April 30th.

I assume they didnt do this for a few reasons - if they release him now, and he returns to KHL this year or in 10 years, I think they lose his rights upon releasing him. They can re-negotiate his KHL contract now, and include an NHL-out clause. Or let his contract expire and retain his rights.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Him not coming over is a good thing. He has nothing to learn/gain (outside of an early transition to North America) by playing for a bad team, would burn the first year of his ELC in doing so, and would have to be protected against Seattle expansion. It's a perfect storm of "nope."
    A hundred times this.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Like, I get wanting to see him as soon as possible, but in this case, the soonest he should be seen is this summer in development camp.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Traverse!

Where nothing is indicated by anything that happens there.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Traverse!

Where nothing is indicated by anything that happens there.
    It's the sporting equivalent of clickbait. Mouth-watering setup, no actual content.

https://foreverblueshirts.com/ranger...ses-statement/

Traktor does not want to release Kravtsov from his contract, because it would mean they lose his KHL rights.

With a possible lockout only 3 years away, they would give up a valuable asset. They could opt to sign him to a KHL deal or trade his rights to one of the bigger clubs in exchange for money or draft picks/prospects.

Traktor will give Kravtsov a qualifying offer to retain his KHL rights.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718