• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Would You Take Ennis in a Deal For Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter or Jason Zucker?

ThirtyONE

If the deal is right, sure. We need some young established players aswell, not just 17-19 years old kids.

But what would it take? Do they want proven NHL'ers? Prospect and picks? Vesey/Spooner/Names, #39, for Zucker, Ennis?

Dont see this as very likely tho, since they want to move Ennis so they can re-sign Zucker and Dumba. Could see them moving #24 with Ennis, but do we really need another 1st this year? #24, #26 and #28 feels a bit like overkill. Then again, could use one or two of them to move up.

Cant fuckin' wait to the draft! Most interesting draft for us Rangers fans since forever.

I maintain that Namestnikov/Spooner for Ellis and a 1st is unrealistic.

I would however think that someone like Zuccarello could be part of a deal for Zucker or Nino. Just depends what their goal is. Seems odd to me that Zucker is being discussed at all but what do I know?

I like Zucker and Neiderreiter but I think I'd rather go this route. take on one year of a bad contract we can absolutely afford and get a pick along with it and focus on building through the draft.

My Idea: Stick to the plan...build through the draft.

This doesn't mean we aren't sticking to the plan. I think the idea is not sacrificing picks but cap space for Ennis in order to get an asset of value. Depending on what else we need to include, I'd do it for Zucker, but the Wild want to keep him.

Offseason Thoughts

I hope they dont sign Stastny.

Skjei hasnt earned a big contract - bridge him

No contracts between 4m - 6m per year, at any length, unless its a superstar taking a drastic pay cut. This is the "danger zone". Too many middle-tier players getting over paid by 1 or 2m per season. It's a cap killer.

Still this.

Why not? I understand not giving away a 5m 4years contract, but what's the problem with taking on 4-5m for one year to gain free assets when we have way too much cap room anyway? We just play him on the 4th line and lets him go after the season.

Neids has 4 x 5.25 remaining, Zucker will be close to that.

The pick + Ennis was from The Dude. The rumor is the Wild adding Ennis to Coyle, Neids, or Zucker, via trade.

The pick + Ennis was from The Dude. The rumor is the Wild adding Ennis to Coyle, Neids, or Zucker, via trade.

And that scares you? I guess if Zucker was meh. Except, I'll take Zucker on my team for 5 years just under 5 mil in a freakin heartbeat.

And that scares you? I guess if Zucker was meh. Except, I'll take Zucker on my team for 5 years just under 5 mil in a freakin heartbeat.

Yup. I like Zucker, AJT, but he's not worth that type of money. Shouldnt be close to 4m, but he had a great season and will cash in.

So we're only going to have players with either less than 4m or more than 6m? That doesn't make any sense, especially since most players earn between 4-6m.

Your argument is because those players is often overpayed, so a simple solution is... don't overpay players.

We dont need middle 6 players. Our current vets and prospects will fill the middle 6, the next set of prospects coming up can get limited/sheltered minutes on the 4th line.

We need top-end talent. Not middle 6 guys getting overpaid.

Minnesota has Jordan Greenway who played for Quinn in Boston. Maybe Ennis and Greenway for a 2nd Rd pick. Greenway was a 2nd Rd pick in 2015. I say that because we?re in a rebuild, Zucker, Coyles, Nino are all 26 and I don?t think they move Dumba?at 23 and righthanded it would take a whole lot to get him.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Minnesota has Jordan Greenway who played for Quinn in Boston. Maybe Ennis and Greenway for a 2nd Rd pick. Greenway was a 2nd Rd pick in 2015. I say that because we’re in a rebuild, Zucker, Coyles, Nino are all 26 and I don’t think they move Dumba—at 23 and righthanded it would take a whole lot to get him.

But Gorton has said many many times, you can't field a team of 18-20 year olds. 25 and 26 is not old.

Rangers expected to stay the course with rebuild plan

Unlikely to go after any of the big names

3:39PM

Share:

6/22/18 | 3:38PM: Jeff Gorton said on Thursday, "for anybody that would be skeptical of a rebuild, all you have to do is look at the last few months and the trade deadline and some of the things we have done. I think it's pretty obvious we are trying to accumulate young players and assets and trying to get better and give these players opportunity."

He added that the Rangers won't be a team of 18-19-20 year olds and that "we need to have the necessary players on our team that can help these guys learn the game and help us do everything we can to win every night. I think that is pretty clear where we are at."

Larry Brooks wrote that the Rangers will "jump in" if a "price-is-right" player is available but they are not trading away a "boatload of draft picks and prospects."

6/21/18 | 1:02PM: Darren Dreger said that the mandate from Jeff Gorton and Rangers management is "to be patient" and to assess what they have within the organization in terms of youth. (TSN)

He noted that players like Tavares, Kovalchuk and Karlsson are not the "right fit for the direction of the New York Rangers right now. They are going to vow to be patient." (TSN)

Rangers expected to stay the course with rebuild plan

Unlikely to go after any of the big names

3:39PM

Share:

6/22/18 | 3:38PM: Jeff Gorton said on Thursday, "for anybody that would be skeptical of a rebuild, all you have to do is look at the last few months and the trade deadline and some of the things we have done. I think it's pretty obvious we are trying to accumulate young players and assets and trying to get better and give these players opportunity."

He added that the Rangers won't be a team of 18-19-20 year olds and that "we need to have the necessary players on our team that can help these guys learn the game and help us do everything we can to win every night. I think that is pretty clear where we are at."

Larry Brooks wrote that the Rangers will "jump in" if a "price-is-right" player is available but they are not trading away a "boatload of draft picks and prospects."

6/21/18 | 1:02PM: Darren Dreger said that the mandate from Jeff Gorton and Rangers management is "to be patient" and to assess what they have within the organization in terms of youth. (TSN)

He noted that players like Tavares, Kovalchuk and Karlsson are not the "right fit for the direction of the New York Rangers right now. They are going to vow to be patient." (TSN)

Gee... I'm not the only person with that opinion?

Huh? What'd I do?

I wouldn't mind getting one of these guys on the cheap. Like say Vesey or Namestnikov for Niederreiter. Obviously they are looking to cut some salary, but I'd think they want a player back.

Not sure how this puts a dent in the rebuild plan. Each guy brings a little something the team could use.

I'd think Coyle being on the market affects Hayes value in trade. I think their output and roles are somewhat similar. If the Rangers deal Hayes and replace him with Coyle, I think it sets things up a little better moving forward (depending on what the return is for Hayes). Only because I don't think Hayes is 2nd line material, and I fear if he stays, he gets that role, potentially blocking Chytil or Andersson as soon as this coming season..

Coyle can play wing and has some size. To me he's more of a lunch pail guy. Not really physical, but gritty if that makes sense. I see grit missing big time from this roster.

I don't think they are really shopping Zucker. He's been a big piece of their run. Seems like the ultimate team guy. At 26, I'm not sure I want to give him HIS next contract.

Niederreiter on the other hand, is the type of player I want to see more of. He goes into traffic, he shoots a decent amount, and has an edge. He's always banged up though, and the contract is a bit high for what he produces.

Wouldn't be the worst thing to take Ennis if they can get one of these guys, while also dropping players I'm not big on. Vesey, Namestnikov, Hayes. Just don't want them here.

Archived