• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Tambellini Not Given Qualifying Offer; Will Become Free Agent

Phil

No surprise, I guess.

I was looking at the forward prospects roster the other day — aside from Chytil and Andersson who I already pencil in for some playing time this year unless either of them fail to inspire during camp — for anything else to get excited about, and came up empty handed except for Brett Howden and Ty Ronning. Tambellini produced something akin to a yawn, if I recall my sentiment at the time. it's not that Fogarty might not come through or anyone like that, it's just that there's nothing remotely certain there if you alredy opencil Chytil and Andersson into the big team (by default, I'm afraid). If either of those two flames out, we are in even deeper chit.

IMO it's a shyte future stock problem at forward that they have to address perhaps more urgently than D.

No surprise, I guess.

I was looking at the forward prospects roster the other day — aside from Chytil and Andersson who I already pencil in for some playing time this year unless either of them fail to inspire during camp — for anything else to get excited about, and came up empty handed except for Brett Howden and Ty Ronning. Tambellini produced something akin to a yawn, if I recall my sentiment at the time. it's not that Fogarty might not come through or anyone like that, it's just that there's nothing remotely certain there if you alredy opencil Chytil and Andersson into the big team (by default, I'm afraid). If either of those two flames out, we are in even deeper chit.

IMO it's a shyte future stock problem at forward that they have to address perhaps more urgently than D.

Yo Blue, unfortunately your first instinct is correct. Only Howden and Ronning are legit NHL prospects currently. Forget the rest, until they do something to get us excited.

• 1 month later...

Archived