• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Edmonton May Be Willing to Part With #10

The Dude

I might do a Spooner + DeAngelo + late 1 or 2nd rd pick. But it would depend on who is on the board, at that point. Would probably take less to get in the 13-18 range, where we would still be drafting the same player we'd take at 10

Been saying Spooner can skate with McDavid and accentuate his game, if they can handle the lack of physicality on that line. They have Nurse on D. Namestnikov the same, as we've seen with Stamkos.

Spoon, Names, 26 and 88 for #10

Isn't Chiarelli still looking to dump Lucic in a trade that includes #10? To take Lucic, we remove an asset or change 26 to 39 with some retention. That #10 pick allows us to grab one of last premium players. Supposedly the pick is in play and that a few teams want to trade down, some only a few slots.

To get another top ten pick AND a player/prospect of worth. They're rebuilding.

They have to find another asset or two, or we can't do the deal. Think Zuc, Spoon, Names, Vesey, Shatty, D'Angelo (maybe), draft choices and prospects. If it's not a match we move on.

To get another top ten pick AND a player/prospect of worth. They're rebuilding.

Fuck I'd take RNH and the pick for Skjei and Hayes.

Kinda feels like Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Skjei is a young, first round pick with NHL expiernce. That’s exactly what they’re looking for.

Kinda feels like Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Skjei is a young, first round pick with NHL expiernce. That’s exactly what they’re looking for.

Yeah, I guess. I'm just trying to think of something worth doing with them. I guess giving up on Skjei (which I'm normally against) just to get something done is irrational. Unless they are willing to trade Draisaitl...

Yeah, I guess. I'm just trying to think of something worth doing with them. I guess giving up on Skjei (which I'm normally against) just to get something done is irrational. Unless they are willing to trade Draisaitl...

If you want to get the #10 pick start with taking Lucic.

Or send Vlad, Hayes, Spooner etc and the 26th. Rangers shouldn’t be involved in any trades that ship out younger players. That’s badically the opposite of what they’re trying to do.

What about Zuccarello (small plus?) for 10th + Lucic with some retention

Mehhh 4 more years at 6 million?

I'm not sure Lucic is as finished as people think, but that's a big commitment. Not sure if I do that. It'd have to be a lesser value player like Vesey or Namestnikov.

Getting two of the guys the Rangers are likely targeting in their 9 slot (Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Dobson, Boqvist, Bouchard and so on) would be pretty sweet.

Archived