• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Isles Name Barry Trotz Head Coach

Phil

Everything falling in place for them the last few weeks.

Watch them sign Carlson now, and get a legit #1 Goalie.

So close from this team losing their entire fanbase and Lou Lamoriello comes in and saves them.

I think they'll go after Grubauer. Trotz obviously likes him as well.

The tsn.ca report said that he had a clause in his contract that gave him a $300K raise and an extension if he won the cup in DC, but he didn't have to take that and could have renegotiated it. I think he was pissed that Washington let him go through the last year of his contract without an extension. I don't understand why he is doing this when there was only one job available. Why wouldn't he want to wait, have a nice vacation, and pick from the 10 NHL jobs that will become available over the next year? Ugh! Now they probably get JT, Carlson and Grubauer to boot! Boy, are they ever going to lose money over the next three years with that payroll and one of the lowest revenues in the league. These clowns who bought the Islanders have already lost big bucks, as the guarantee deal in Brooklyn was not as good as originally reported. They are going to lose money by sinking more money into Belmont, on which they will have to pay rent to the additional owners, and beyond the Islanders, the arena is in a saturated market. Now they are going to lose loads of dough over the next three years with their payroll. Where do these guys stop? How did they get rich with this sort of business sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived