Thread: U.S. Border Policy/Behavior Discussion

Senior Member Midget Division

U.S. Border Policy/Behavior Discussion

Moderator's Note:

This is being broken out from another thread and moved here because it's a relevant conversation to have. Just not in a hockey thread.
    yeah I admit he had his moments of effectiveness here. Thieves are often effective too, doesn't mean it is a good way to live or that I have to like it. Hard to watch a game with my kids back then and explain it to them.

Some of his crap on-the-ice was needed, at the time, and during that era. He was good at exploiting flaws in our sport and lessening my Ranger pride for awhile. I'm not sure I can think of a Ranger player in all my years, who affected my interest, other than him. I may take some heat on this board for this opinion, but I'd rather stand up for what's right.

I hope all of us stand up against the fascistic policy/behavior at our border in separating families seeking asylum here. It is inhumane and needs to be stopped by every one of us who calls himself an American. We are outdoing the gangs and criminals who motivated these people to flea. Doesn't matter where you stand on immigration. We are engaged in crimes against humanity and anyone who does not speak out against it are complicit.

This is why we marched the local Germans through the concentration camps. Be cause they let it happen and stood quietly denying the reality.

BTW, not trying to equate Avery with the separating of families, lol. It is just the standing up against something that is wrong, regardless of it maybe being an effective deterrent.

It;s the timing. It is time Americans are heard from. Start calling your congressman and asking your associations to do the same. This is outrageously wrong and unAmerican, if you have an ounce of patriotism.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    BTW, not trying to equate Avery with the separating of families, lol. It is just the standing up against something that is wrong, regardless of it maybe being an effective deterrent.

It;s the timing. It is time Americans are heard from. Start calling your congressman and asking your associations to do the same. This is outrageously wrong and unAmerican, if you have an ounce of patriotism.
    And boycott Hollywood. And high movie prices.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    And boycott Hollywood. And high movie prices.
    Are you serious?

You do realize the American people stood up to say we will not accept authoritarian rule that implements policies that are crimes against humanity. We had the Nuremberg trials for a reason. The President succumbed to the pressure from all around him saying we will not tolerate fascistic behavior, we don't do round ups, internment camps for kids and separate kids and babies from families that fled here for asylum.

Human abuse and known cruelty was being delivered in the name of America and paid for by my/our tax dollars. Orphanages, that we've done away with, were being created among other intolerable problems on our land. No fuckin way!

If little kids were being seriously abused on the street 18 year olds in your neighborhood, simply because they were migrants, would you not try and stop it?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Just Balkanize already, while it could still be amicable.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    While I agree that this shouldn't be happening, the main problem is that it has been happening since the 90's, and very few people actually cared about it.The problem is that we are letting the media and politicians trick us into believing this is something new, and that Trump could do this on his own, when in fact, many kids were separated from their parents under Obama, Bush and Clinton. This was something that was also passed by congress to be enacted, the president can't do this on his own. Im not a Trump supporter, far from it, but Im just tired of people believing this is all his doing. In fact, many people forget about men with assault rifles entering the home of Elian Gonzalez to forcibly remove him under Clinton. I still remember watching the video on TV, yet everyone thinks this is brand new. Both sides are playing the people, and its a shame that so many are falling for it.

While I agree that kids should not be separated from their parents, the problem then shifts to how do we house all of these families and keep them safe from the predators within. If you house all of these families together, and these kids start getting molested, then what do we do?

Clinton and the ATF burned 30 children to death @ Waco. Just fuckin torched them.

swamped Midget Division
    Melania and her wardrobe choice for the border visit "I really don't care. Do u?" Just bad optics, even if unintentional.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/polit...ket/index.html
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Melania and her wardrobe choice for the border visit "I really don't care. Do u?" Just bad optics, even if unintentional.
    This kind of stupid isnít your average kind of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Send them all to Canada. Their queen requested them, free health care, accepting environment, probably some farm hand jobs available. Win-win-win situation.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    How the hell does Sean Avery turn into criminals crossing our border, illegally, thus resulting in their children being taken away from them? What in the actual fuck? How does your mind make that connection?

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    You would think someone would've has said to her this is not a good idea.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Send them all to Canada. Their queen requested them, free health care, accepting environment, probably some farm hand jobs available. Win-win-win situation.
    Canada doesn't want them, they said so

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Canada doesn't want them, they said so
    WHAT???

Send them to Germany, then.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    WHAT???

Send them to Germany, then.
    ok..no problem. i'll call uber

We're taking in 300,000 this year alone. We're good.

Trudeau will put out another "all welcome here" before next election as a counterpoint to US political situation and dare Progressive Conservative Party (don't ask me what a progressive conservative is, nobody can tell me and I'm a member) to run against cucked compassionate/open border ticket. Conservatives will role over and remind voters how diversity is our great strength, despite not being able to provide a single example of such wisdom.

Canadian politics are a two party affair where only disagreement is on taxing median families 50% of income or 48% of income, then arguing on whom spent less tax payer money on hotel orange juice over previous term.

We're not a serious country.

300k?

We call that Tuesday.

Build a wall, already.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    We're taking in 300,000 this year alone. We're good.
    How many are American?

I don't know if Americans would even count in that number.