• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Doug Weight: Candidate to Join Quinn's Staff?

Phil

Would love to have him back... Always hated that trade for Tikkanen

Are you kidding me? Tikkanen was one of the best things to happen to the NYR back in those days, IMO.

My life is better for Tik, for sure as the sky can be freaky.

But ... that said ... I'd love to see Doug Weight as part of the coaching staff, I think.

Gimme!!!!

I would love to see Doug Weight in the mix with us!!! Fucking guy is gold!

Agree.

Are you kidding me? Tikkanen was one of the best things to happen to the NYR back in those days, IMO.

My life is better for Tik, for sure as the sky can be freaky.

But ... that said ... I'd love to see Doug Weight as part of the coaching staff, I think.

Agree.

Had they not spit the bit in 91-92 (best team in the league) there would have been no fire sale of youth in 92-93/93-94.. I'd have love to see what Amonte, Weight, Turcotte, Gartner (not young) could have done for a few years.. But alas.. 94 happened so I really can't bitch too much

Had the Isles released him sooner, I would have LOVED to have him as a head coach. I always liked Weight as a player, and he was a real force on that Edmonton team back in the 90's. Hell, for about a 20 year on ice playing career, the guy was basically a Point-a-game player. I think he even broke 100 points with Edmonton one year.

I hope we make this happen.

Archived