Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Mats Zuccarello Expected to Stay

  1. #1
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,679
    Rep Power
    539

    Mats Zuccarello Expected to Stay

    The Rangers have no interest in putting a skeleton squad on the ice in October. Unless there is a dramatic shift this week, Mats Zuccarello is therefore expected to report for duty at training camp heading into the final year of his contract.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/16/inside...draft-at-hand/


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,153
    Rep Power
    347
    Still plenty of time until camp, but this is looking like more and more suck. They’re bringing back the same assholes who created this dog shit environment. Vesey, Hayes, now Zuc don’t appear to be going anywhere. Well, now you guys will get that tank you finally wanted in order to bring us Lord Stanley.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  3. #3
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,679
    Rep Power
    539
    Hayes and Vesey were both linked to trade talk in the same piece. So I'm not sure there. I'm fine with keeping Zucc, though. He's another guy whose tenacity and style of play can likely help to define and trendset Quinn's plan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #4
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Rep Power
    173
    Obviously he will be moved by the deadline for another 1st rounder next year
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  5. #5
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,153
    Rep Power
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Hayes and Vesey were both linked to trade talk in the same piece. So I'm not sure there. I'm fine with keeping Zucc, though. He's another guy whose tenacity and style of play can likely help to define and trendset Quinn's plan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    5’7, 31 when the season starts, trending down the past 2 years since coming off a stroke.

    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruins/2018/06/16/for-rangers-infusion-youth-and-slew-nhl-draft-picks/M7DySBZmbjP7Ox3L3ODBpK/story.html


    Definitely a name that I am looking at, saying, ‘This will be good for Jimmy,’ ” said Gorton, who didn’t see the 25-year-old thrive under prior coach Alain Vigneault. “He needs a little bit of a fresh start, an opportunity to play a little more and show what he has . . . so I will be curious to see how David will help Jimmy.”
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  6. #6
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,671
    Rep Power
    182
    “He will probably stay... unless he doesn’t.” - Brooks
    GORTON 2020

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    “He will probably stay... unless he doesn’t.” - Brooks
    Yes, yes

    Zuc should expect to go to camp, meanwhile all the qualified RFAs should bone up on their college majors cause hockey is apparently in their past.

  8. #8
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,679
    Rep Power
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    “He will probably stay... unless he doesn’t.” - Brooks
    Barring a dramatic shift is, to me, a journalistic way of saying this won't change without going all in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #9
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Still plenty of time until camp, but this is looking like more and more suck. They’re bringing back the same assholes who created this dog shit environment. Vesey, Hayes, now Zuc don’t appear to be going anywhere. Well, now you guys will get that tank you finally wanted in order to bring us Lord Stanley.
    Didn't know you thought Zuc was "part of the same assholes who created this dog shit environment". I've seen and heard nothing to question Zucs, effort or will to win. Is there something beyond what we Know (stroke, age) or saw on the ice that we should know?

    A few may say they want a purposeful tank, but some of the same crew lobby for Kovy and JT.

    Mike, what did you expect thus far?
    1. Hayes may stay only until we are able to get a significant return. We are not trading him for Fox st8 up. Love him, but that's an overpay.

    2. It is usually in the days prior and during the draft that most of the deals occur. Ovy is still hungover.

    3. Brooks has nothing on Zuc staying or going. He does say Hayes and Spoon are garnering interest. So if you are trusting Brooks you have that.

    4. Do you expect teams to be clamoring for Vesey?

    5. Can't trade everyone. Already dumped one of the 'assholes', choosing not to give him a shot with a new coach. Some guys do need to get a fresh start and time with Quinn. Some by default. Doesn't mean we can't move them down the road.

    6. No one including Brooks addresses the idea that our trades may be predicated on what interests other teams. We have to get reasonable value for our assets. There is no deadline. The best we can do is field offers or inquire about other teams assets and offer a pool of assets from which to choose. If Vesey commands little in return, we need to put our energy in him becoming a better player under a new coach.

    We should believe the team is trying to get better and mgmt is talking to other teams. Yet, no particular player or pick must be traded now. This is why I started the thread on how we might change the way we go about making a trade(s) during this draft period. Rather than foist a player or two on another team, see what interests them from an atypically large pool of assets.

  10. #10
    //reported BSBH Prospect
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,276
    Rep Power
    106
    Zucc's our captain for the next 8 years, y'all buggin.
    #imthebadguy

  11. #11
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,734
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Didn't know you thought Zuc was "part of the same assholes who created this dog shit environment". I've seen and heard nothing to question Zucs, effort or will to win. Is there something beyond what we Know (stroke, age) or saw on the ice that we should know?

    A few may say they want a purposeful tank, but some of the same crew lobby for Kovy and JT.

    Mike, what did you expect thus far?
    1. Hayes may stay only until we are able to get a significant return. We are not trading him for Fox st8 up. Love him, but that's an overpay.

    2. It is usually in the days prior and during the draft that most of the deals occur. Ovy is still hungover.

    3. Brooks has nothing on Zuc staying or going. He does say Hayes and Spoon are garnering interest. So if you are trusting Brooks you have that.

    4. Do you expect teams to be clamoring for Vesey?

    5. Can't trade everyone. Already dumped one of the 'assholes', choosing not to give him a shot with a new coach. Some guys do need to get a fresh start and time with Quinn. Some by default. Doesn't mean we can't move them down the road.

    6. No one including Brooks addresses the idea that our trades may be predicated on what interests other teams. We have to get reasonable value for our assets. There is no deadline. The best we can do is field offers or inquire about other teams assets and offer a pool of assets from which to choose. If Vesey commands little in return, we need to put our energy in him becoming a better player under a new coach.

    We should believe the team is trying to get better and mgmt is talking to other teams. Yet, no particular player or pick must be traded now. This is why I started the thread on how we might change the way we go about making a trade(s) during this draft period. Rather than foist a player or two on another team, see what interests them from an atypically large pool of assets.
    Sorry for being lazy, I don't feel like finding the thread, but weren't you suggesting Calgary would want to move Hamilton so they could get a first round pick and more importantly make room for Fox? Or something along those lines?

    I know nothing about Fox, but if he's considered the replacement for Hamilton, I sure as shit deal Hayes for him. A potential top six RH defenseman whom can step in as soon as this year? What else does Calgary want? Give em Vesey too. Moves like that are what I feel are part of a rebuild. Keeping Hayes is not. Ditch him now. Cash out.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Sorry for being lazy, I don't feel like finding the thread, but weren't you suggesting Calgary would want to move Hamilton so they could get a first round pick and more importantly make room for Fox? Or something along those lines?

    I know nothing about Fox, but if he's considered the replacement for Hamilton, I sure as shit deal Hayes for him. A potential top six RH defenseman whom can step in as soon as this year? What else does Calgary want? Give em Vesey too. Moves like that are what I feel are part of a rebuild. Keeping Hayes is not. Ditch him now. Cash out.
    Yeah here, see Post #2 and #13.


    Though your missing important nuance. The bigger picture is Calg has Hamilton and others, plus 2 real RHD prospects. If they decide to keep Hamilton then the kids are excess.

    Andersson is ready now and Fox is ready as soon as Harvard's season ends. Two years max if he wants to graduate Harvard. Calgary want to make some moves. They are limited w/o high picks the next 2 years. They would even like to recoup a pick or two.

    Since Fox (from NY) is looking like he may not sign, Hayes would be an overpay. There are plenty of teams who will gives us good value for Hayes. Since Fox is unsigned and not going to help anyone this year, he doesn't command that value from anyone. There's risk. He was a 3rd pick so I was suggesting pick 48 and 3rd. Or a guy like Names or Spooner, instead of the picks.

    Hamilton is a whole different package and would require more and better assets. If they'd rather do something with us that includes Andersson, that works too. Less upside, but he'd be a solid defensive fixture here and he is ready for the show. Even Kylington, the LHD behind Valimaki could be an interesting prospect to consider. Not like the RHDs though.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    97
    You want to get rid of Hayes and grab our #1 RHD? Not saying they are on the market.

    Hayes (or pick 26), Devil's 2nd, Bruin's 3rd, and Tampa's 2019 2nd (or Vesey) for

    Hamilton
    or
    Trouba

    Not saying Jets or Calgary are even interested in something around this structure, but this is the kind of package it will take for a guy like this. More importantly, if we are trading Hayes or a 1st plus multiple 2nd rounders, I want a young established top line, top pair in return.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,350
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Still plenty of time until camp, but this is looking like more and more suck. They’re bringing back the same assholes who created this dog shit environment. Vesey, Hayes, now Zuc don’t appear to be going anywhere. Well, now you guys will get that tank you finally wanted in order to bring us Lord Stanley.
    ehm, so zuc is a problem now? okeyyy.

  15. #15
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,153
    Rep Power
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    ehm, so zuc is a problem now? okeyyy.
    Certainly not part of the future solution, so yeah, he should go.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  16. #16
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,350
    Rep Power
    52
    That's not the same as being one of the "assholes who created this dog shit environment".

  17. #17
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    4,384
    Rep Power
    96
    I think Zucc will fetch more at the trade deadline 2019 then he does now. Hold on to him and hope he's a little ball of fury again then reap the rewards later.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,224
    Rep Power
    93
    Yeah I feel the same way.
    We should keep him around for now, and then reassess at the deadline.

  19. #19
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,153
    Rep Power
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think Zucc will fetch more at the trade deadline 2019 then he does now. Hold on to him and hope he's a little ball of fury again then reap the rewards later.
    Not if his production continues to drop
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  20. #20
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,153
    Rep Power
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    That's not the same as being one of the "assholes who created this dog shit environment".
    Well, you never know ....
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •