• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ARI Acquires F Alex Galchenyuk from MTL for F Max Domi

Phil

Mobile link: https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1007798424886898689?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mobile link:

Mobile link:

No surprise MTL fans are losing their shit. Wow...

lol

I almost side with them, though. They traded a weakness (talent/skill) for their only strength (grit).

But they had to trade Gally, and I think Domi is a decent young player. Not as skilled, but brings other elements. Production-wise, I think both teams should benefit.

lol

I almost side with them, though. They traded a weakness (talent/skill) for their only strength (grit).

But they had to trade Gally, and I think Domi is a decent young player. Not as skilled, but brings other elements. Production-wise, I think both teams should benefit.

Galch had 30 goals two years ago. He has 66 over his last three.

Domi has 36, total, in his last three.

He better bring all the grits in Alabama to even come close to making right on this.

I think it's a good trade for Montreal. Domi had a rough 1st half last year, just like the entire Arizona team, but had 24 points in the last 32 games post-allstar break. He's younger and a good amount cheaper @ 3.15 mill versus 4.9 mill for Galchenyuk. Glad Pitts didn't get him, as he probably would have absolutely flourished into a 25-30 goal 60 point player there.

We need to call Bergevin. Holy shit. Get their first rounder for Hayes’ and Namestnikov’s RFA rights. Hahahhaa.

Great move for ‘zona.

No doubt, been saying this is the offseason to pounce on bad mgmts misfortunes. It is hard to understand what they are doing. They continue to discuss their interest in Kotkaniemi... this can not help them in any way. Especially, because word is out that they want to trade down (Duh), but not far enough to lose Kot. Brian Burke was talking about it today.

Is it possible to act any more desperate for a center than Montreal? Now if they trade down they risk a team that wants Kot, jumping them. Expect them to pick a C with their 1st 2 picks.

Thankfully since the Quinn presser, the Rangers are dead quiet about the draft and their intentions.

:clap:

On paper, they got worse.

On paper to date, perhaps, but Arizona has been a trash team while Montreal has been competitive up until this past year. Hard to really determine this just by looking at stats on paper. If it was me, I would take Domi + 1.75 million room to upgrade another position.

Archived