• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dan Carillo: I Can't Live Like That Anymore

phillyb

Potential hot take alert here but a lot of this TBI stuff is relatively new. Maybe the NHL isn't doing the best job that they can to diagnose this stuff -- I don't know -- but to allude to the idea that they're deliberately hiding the truth seems a little false to me. The NHL has basically changed the way the game is played around this new information. The enforcer no longer exists. Head hits are automatic suspensions. Even if it's close, the NHL suspends you. Hell, icings are even different to help eliminate potentially devastating hits.

All these guys who have issues are the guys that knew there was only one way to make it to the NHL. They simply weren't good enough otherwise. I get that it's sad, and for guys who have passed away, it's awful. But these guys knew as much as the coaches who knew as much as everyone else knew about head injuries -- not much. It's not really anyone's fault, IMO.

Potential hot take alert here but a lot of this TBI stuff is relatively new. Maybe the NHL isn't doing the best job that they can to diagnose this stuff -- I don't know -- but to allude to the idea that they're deliberately hiding the truth seems a little false to me. The NHL has basically changed the way the game is played around this new information. The enforcer no longer exists. Head hits are automatic suspensions. Even if it's close, the NHL suspends you. Hell, icings are even different to help eliminate potentially devastating hits.

All these guys who have issues are the guys that knew there was only one way to make it to the NHL. They simply weren't good enough otherwise. I get that it's sad, and for guys who have passed away, it's awful. But these guys knew as much as the coaches who knew as much as everyone else knew about head injuries -- not much. It's not really anyone's fault, IMO.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?20414-TSN-s-5-Part-Concussion-Series-NHL-Under-Oath

Apparently Daniel Carcillo will be on WFAN on the CMB show, Moose said that this is an explosive interview and he (Carcillo) names names, and that he (Moose) isnt underselling the interview. I dont know what time the interview will be but its sometime between now and 3:00.

Archived