Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    That assumes he falls, too. I don't see him getting past Chicago.
    Freakin Chicago, don't they realize they need another Dman in the system? They are like, 'yeah and we'll take the one you want at 27'.

So is this the thread where we congregate today and tonight?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    SN have the Hawks taking Hughes.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I do. I think they grab a defenseman.
    Me too. Seabrook and Keith are getting old...

//reported Junior Division
    So nervous that I overslept and missed the fucking draft...but it's not on until tonight! hahahaha
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Maybe for Dobson or Hughes. Not sure if they're high on Bouchard or Boqvist.
    Haven't heard anything about any of the top 12 related to the rangers, with one exception. Someone involved in the process doesn't like Bouchard's skating compared to the other 5 dmen, enough that it puts Bouchard at the bottom of that list, for this person.

Then you hear Seidel and various guys on hockeyprospects.com say Bouchard's skating is essentially underrated. Do you have an opinion on his skating? It is difficult to judge as he played over 35 minutes a night and needed to pace himself. His backward skating certainly tested well.

Another question. Has something related to the Rangers been rumored regarding Boqvist or are you assuming, based on the 2 concussions?

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Haven't heard anything about any of the top 12 related to the rangers, with one exception. Someone involved in the process doesn't like Bouchard's skating compared to the other 5 dmen, enough that it puts Bouchard at the bottom of that list, for this person.

Then you hear Seidel and various guys on hockeyprospects.com say Bouchard's skating is essentially underrated. Do you have an opinion on his skating? It is difficult to judge as he played over 35 minutes a night and needed to pace himself. His backward skating certainly tested well.

Another question. Has something related to the Rangers been rumored regarding Boqvist or are you assuming, based on the 2 concussions.
    I was speaking towards Chicago's interest in the defensemen. For the Rangers, I think they'd still prioritize someone like Wahlstrom over a defenseman, though I don't think they're as interested in Bouchard and Boqvist. Boqvist has great upside but you can get equivalent style players in Merkley, Addison, Lundkvist, etc. The only thing you miss out on is his shot which none of them have.

I've watched a solid amount of Bouchard's games. I like him just not as much as I like other guys there. He's a pretty good skater. He seems like he's lumbering, but he can make ground quickly. He can get walked, though. He has great edgework at the point though. That's really where he's most skilled, in my opinion. He takes advantage of his size the most when shielding the puck and running the offense from the point. His defense is fine, but not great.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Freakin Chicago, don't they realize they need another Dman in the system? They are like, 'yeah and we'll take the one you want at 27'.

So is this the thread where we congregate today and tonight?
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I was speaking towards Chicago's interest in the defensemen. For the Rangers, I think they'd still prioritize someone like Wahlstrom over a defenseman, though I don't think they're as interested in Bouchard and Boqvist. Boqvist has great upside but you can get equivalent style players in Merkley, Addison, Lundkvist, etc. The only thing you miss out on is his shot which none of them have.

I've watched a solid amount of Bouchard's games. I like him just not as much as I like other guys there. He's a pretty good skater. He seems like he's lumbering, but he can make ground quickly. He can get walked, though. He has great edgework at the point though. That's really where he's most skilled, in my opinion. He takes advantage of his size the most when shielding the puck and running the offense from the point. His defense is fine, but not great.
    Awesome stuff!! Love keeping an eye on the Knights, obviously they compete and the kids are well coached. Since you saw them, I'm very interested in your take on Liam Foudy, especially once they traded much of their talent.

Back to Bouchard. Like anyone, he loses his jump after being on the ice for a minute. So that is hard to judge. He may get walked cause he's a little fatigued or cause his D is only good. However, he's so smart we have to project that he will nail D positioning and angles within a couple of years.

Here is the thing about Bouchard, he is the smartest hockey player on the ice. All you have to do is watch the highlights of every goal he was involved in the last 2 years. He sees the defense and predicts future movement like he is in the press box. At that age that is extraordinary. He gets shots through constantly, not because he has the greatest shot. Because of his brain and vision and accuracy using his stick. If you think of the best PP abilities and moments for a guy like Yandle and Shatty, he ups that anty.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If the Rangers somehow moved up to #3 and they essentially had the pick of the litter, TSN has Tkachuk but I get the sense that everyone here would like zadina instead.
    GORTON 2020

Ok getting rumors. Rangers really like Wahlstrom and Dreger is reporting Rangers and Vanc talking. Looks like we have to jump Chicago, as speculated, to get Wahlstrom.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    If you are hearing anything about the Rangers, its BS. They dont leak.

Hence why the NHL didnt even have a draft video ready for Lias when he was picked 10 picks early
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

sportnet650 tweeted Rangers very high on Wahlstrom. Don't kill the messenger

i have a capfriendly roster from last night that has a proposed trade sending Kreider + 9 to Vancouver for 7 + dman, but I wont press submit.

I don't want to be dramatic but this night could make or break the next 10-15 years of Rangers hockey...

They need to hit on at least 2 of the 3 picks. At least.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't want to be dramatic but this night could make or break the next 10-15 years of Rangers hockey...

They need to hit on at least 2 of the 3 picks. At least.
    Relax dude, we got Igor backstopping us after Hank and some trade pieces at worst, plus we aren't considering the FA market. No doubt we have not had this many picks in a while, but who knows what'll happen in 3-5 yrs that could turn out in our favor?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

No he is correct, this draft is huge when you take into consideration the fact that this team NEVER "rebuilds" and it will likely never have 3 first round picks and 7 of the first 88 picks again. A bad night tonight can severely hinder the process of becoming a competitive team again. It's not about not being able to recover its just about the quality of the team going forward for a couple of years. Cant sell off assets again when you dont have any new ones coming in.

Would love to see us jump up to grab Zadina if he fell to 5

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Lindholm available according to LeBrun
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    No he is correct, this draft is huge when you take into consideration the fact that this team NEVER "rebuilds" and it will likely never have 3 first round picks and 7 of the first 88 picks again. A bad night tonight can severely hinder the process of becoming a competitive team again. It's not about not being able to recover its just about the quality of the team going forward for a couple of years. Cant sell off assets again when you dont have any new ones coming in.
    The draft is such a crap shoot.

We'll probably draft our best player of this draft in the 5th round.

Lindholm talks broke down a day or two ago with Calgary. Supposedly Calgary still interested

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast