Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Hurricanes "very focused" on Trading Jeff Skinner

  1. #1
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,916
    Rep Power
    414

    Hurricanes "very focused" on Trading Jeff Skinner

    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    12
    Good second line guy for the Rangers?

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,030
    Rep Power
    77
    Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

    I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.

  4. #4
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,522
    Rep Power
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

    I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.
    You seem like you would...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #5
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,587
    Rep Power
    95
    Pass. Always hurt.
    GORTON 2020

  6. #6
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,348
    Rep Power
    46
    Glass bones. Pass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,065
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Pass. Always hurt.
    Skinner GP the last few years
    2013-14 71 GP
    2014-15 77 GP
    2015-16 82 GP
    2016-17 79 GP
    2017-18 82 GP

    391 GP out of 410 Games

  8. #8
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    82
    He is one concussion away from having his career ended. As much of a good player as he is, Rangers should pass on him because of that.

  9. #9
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,681
    Rep Power
    87
    Skills are nice but want no part of Skinner, you need people with miles of toughness and durability left in their tank. Pass
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  10. #10
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,555
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    He is one concussion away from having his career ended. As much of a good player as he is, Rangers should pass on him because of that.
    Every player is a concussion away from his career ending.

    See: Sauer, Michael

  11. #11
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    130
    Some seem to be more prone than others
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  12. #12
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Every player is a concussion away from his career ending.

    See: Sauer, Michael
    Yes, but he has had numerous concussions, so he is more susceptible to getting them. And not every player is a concussion away from his career ending, because very few stars have had their careers cut short because of concussions.

  13. #13
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,094
    Rep Power
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Every player is a concussion away from his career ending.

    See: Sauer, Michael
    That's just an argumentative statement.It's quite clear that some players have a concussion history, and others don't. You're just nitpicking.

  14. #14
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,916
    Rep Power
    414
    Some players also suffer worse ones than others, and the frequency in which they occur only compounds matters that much more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #15
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,522
    Rep Power
    253
    Didn’t Sauer have a history?

    I know the family is cursed, but I thought he had some issues.
    Regardless, that was a huge hit!

    With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).


    Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

    Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #16
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

    I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.
    I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  17. #17
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,030
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?
    A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

    That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.

  18. #18
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Didn’t Sauer have a history?

    I know the family is cursed, but I thought he had some issues.
    Regardless, that was a huge hit!

    With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).


    Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

    Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.
    Sauer had a history of both concussions and knee issues. He had injury issues throughout his career in the AHL and NHL.

  19. #19
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

    That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.
    Thank you
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  20. #20
    Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Ranger Lothbrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,499
    Rep Power
    110
    No thanks for reasons already cited (price too steep, injuries, etc.), but I'm adding another one: we'd have to watch that effing tape of him figure skating as a 10 year old more than we currently do, and we're already subjected to it in every game against Carolina.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •