Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes "very focused" on Trading Jeff Skinner

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Hurricanes "very focused" on Trading Jeff Skinner

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Good second line guy for the Rangers?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.
    You seem like you would...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Pass. Always hurt.
    GORTON 2020

Glass bones. Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Pass. Always hurt.
    Skinner GP the last few years
    2013-14 71 GP
    2014-15 77 GP
    2015-16 82 GP
    2016-17 79 GP
    2017-18 82 GP

391 GP out of 410 Games

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    He is one concussion away from having his career ended. As much of a good player as he is, Rangers should pass on him because of that.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Skills are nice but want no part of Skinner, you need people with miles of toughness and durability left in their tank. Pass
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    He is one concussion away from having his career ended. As much of a good player as he is, Rangers should pass on him because of that.
    Every player is a concussion away from his career ending.

See: Sauer, Michael

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Some seem to be more prone than others
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

Yes, but he has had numerous concussions, so he is more susceptible to getting them. And not every player is a concussion away from his career ending, because very few stars have had their careers cut short because of concussions.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

That's just an argumentative statement.It's quite clear that some players have a concussion history, and others don't. You're just nitpicking.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Some players also suffer worse ones than others, and the frequency in which they occur only compounds matters that much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Didn’t Sauer have a history?

I know the family is cursed, but I thought he had some issues.
    Regardless, that was a huge hit!

With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).

Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie

I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?
    A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Didn’t Sauer have a history?

I know the family is cursed, but I thought he had some issues.
    Regardless, that was a huge hit!

With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).

Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.
    Sauer had a history of both concussions and knee issues. He had injury issues throughout his career in the AHL and NHL.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.
    Thank you
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    No thanks for reasons already cited (price too steep, injuries, etc.), but I'm adding another one: we'd have to watch that effing tape of him figure skating as a 10 year old more than we currently do, and we're already subjected to it in every game against Carolina.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast