Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oilers Working to Trade Milan Lucic by "Sweetening the Pot"

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Really like Draisaitl, what do you guys think will take to get him.
    Is it even possible at this point.

He Has four years NHL experience, i think it worth more then 9th pick from this years daft.
    Never happening. He's not available.

We're talking about helping them take out their trash (lucic) in hopes of getting a pick
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Really like Draisaitl, what do you guys think will take to get him.
    Is it even possible at this point.

He Has four years NHL experience, i think it worth more then 9th pick from this years daft.
    To NYR: Draisatl, Lucic
    To EDM: Chytil, 9th, 26th OR Hayes, zuc, 9th

Only way I see EDM moving Drai.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I doubt Edmonton is interested in Hayes or Zucc at their ages replacing Draisaitl.

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Well, they did move Hall for McD type player who at that time had more upside.
    You think they learned from their mistakes..
    Rebuild Mode.

Well, they did move Hall for McD type player who at that time had more upside.
    You think they learned from their mistakes..
    Oh, they would take Hayes and Chytil (who can play wing too) to fill the opening at C and keep RNH on the line with McDavid. They worked well together at year's end.

The important thing is what 31 said. He is not available. We'd have to absolutely overwhelm them. Something like:

9th, Skjei, Chytil, Hayes and then either a RHD of their choice or winger, not named Kreider. We'd have to take Lucic too. Just not worth it.

Chiarelli does need to win now. He and a few other GMs are in this position and we should take advantage. However, even Chiarelli knows McDavid and Draisaitl will be there much longer then he is.

Edm needs speed on the wing to play with McDavid, hence the Skinner rumor. They could use a 3C. They want a RHD. They want to dump Lucic. They have more smaller wants and needs.

If they can't solve these through other deals, we should stay close to Chiarelli. Under the premise that Edm needs to win now and has drafted high often, we should pry #10 away plus any other pieces that could help.
    Names, Spooner, 28, 70?

There are a ton of possibilities and permutations. I'd focus on one of Calgary's 20-21 y/o Dmen and Zadina first. But Chiarelli should always be a focus while he is still making decisions.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I mean no one here can really claim to know what Chiarelli is thinking or what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I mean no one here can really claim to know what Chiarelli is thinking or what he wants.
    No one does that, just pointing out what EDM needs.

On topic: The Lucic deal is terrible, but I'd consider taking it if the deal is right. I dont know how bad they want him gone, but if they do something like Lucic (retain. 1.5m) and #10 for Names/Spooner/Vesey and #48 I think I do it. He's just 30 so there's no reason for him not to "bounce back" and be a 45-55 point player. He can play 3rd/4th line without problem and in worst case scenario we buy him out if we need the cap in his last 1-3 years. Four 1st rounders and two in the top 10 - woof. We could even trade into top 3 and still keep 9/10th pick.

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post

On topic: The Lucic deal is terrible, but I'd consider taking it if the deal is right. I dont know how bad they want him gone, but if they do something like Lucic (retain. 1.5m) and #10 for Names/Spooner/Vesey and #48 I think I do it. He's just 30 so there's no reason for him not to "bounce back" and be a 45-55 point player. He can play 3rd/4th line without problem and in worst case scenario we buy him out if we need the cap in his last 1-3 years. Four 1st rounders and two in the top 10 - woof. We could even trade into top 3 and still keep 9/10th pick.
    Change Lucic's last name to "Callahan" and ask Tampa about that player with diminishing hockey skills stuck on the third/fourth line because of salary. Why add an aging issue to our roster?
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Everyone on XMradio, the last few days have been talking about it the idea that it will take giving away their best tradeable asset (pick #10) to dump Lucic. Therefore, anything else they get out of it is a bonus on the value chart. Something to pay for some retention and something to make Chiarelli not admit total failure. A player you mentioned and the 70th pick instead of 48.

Ok, if they retain 1.75, I'll do the deal I proposed. If Lucic has an attitude issue with the coach we waive him and send him down if unclaimed. New CBA and amnesty him.

Banned Midget Division
    another hypothetical: lets say we trade for lucic and Edmonton's 10th overall pick. would you package rangers' 9th and 10th for 2nd overall or would u keep them and possible draft two good NHLers?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Everyone on XMradio, the last few days have been talking about it the idea that it will take giving away their best tradeable asset (pick #10) to dump Lucic. Therefore, anything else they get out of it is a bonus on the value chart. Something to pay for some retention and something to make Chiarelli not admit total failure. A player you mentioned and the 70th pick instead of 48.

Ok, if they retain 1.75, I'll do the deal I proposed. If Lucic has an attitude issue with the coach we waive him and send him down if unclaimed. New CBA and amnesty him.
    When does the current CBA expire?
    I imagine they hand out another contract or 2 before then, probably with more years.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    another hypothetical: lets say we trade for lucic and Edmonton's 10th overall pick. would you package rangers' 9th and 10th for 2nd overall or would u keep them and possible draft two good NHLers?
    I need more information. What did they give up for the 10th? Lucic is bad, so I don't really consider adding him a positive benefit except to get good assets out of Edmonton for taking his shitty contract on.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I need more information. What did they give up for the 10th? Lucic is bad, so I don't really consider adding him a positive benefit except to get good assets out of Edmonton for taking his shitty contract on.
    it doesn't matter who u traded for lucic and 10th. the point is that you now have 9th and 10th. would u trade up for 2nd overall or even 1st overall, or would you draft two players at 9th and 10th?

It does matter. Did they move a ton of prospects in the process, or just picks? Who off the roster?

In a vacuum, yes, I'd move 9/10 for 2 any day of the week, but I doubt Edmonton would. There's no incentive there. The Rangers would need to add. And Buffalo isn't trading 1, period. They're just not. It's not even worth entertaining.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    u're no fun

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    It does matter. Did they move a ton of prospects in the process, or just picks? Who off the roster?

In a vacuum, yes, I'd move 9/10 for 2 any day of the week, but I doubt Edmonton would. There's no incentive there. The Rangers would need to add. And Buffalo isn't trading 1, period. They're just not. It's not even worth entertaining.
    I havent seen many proposals out there (twitter, CF, blogs) and the ones I have seen that include the 10th pick, are asking for very little.
    If you are talking a Zucc/Spooner/Vesey + 2nd/3rd for Lucic + 10th (some retention helps), I'm in.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    u're no fun
    Yes, I'd trade 9 and 10 for 2. All day long.

Better?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Change Lucic's last name to "Callahan" and ask Tampa about that player with diminishing hockey skills stuck on the third/fourth line because of salary. Why add an aging issue to our roster?
    They're supposed to be competetive now so its not the same. We are going to suck the years Lucic will be here anyway, so its no problem to burry him and his cap on the 4th line (or in Hartford) for some years while we rebuild this team. If having him some years gives us the 10th OA pick, Im down.

They're supposed to be competetive now so its not the same. We are going to suck the years Lucic will be here anyway, so its no problem to burry him and his cap on the 4th line (or in Hartford) for some years while we rebuild this team. If having him some years gives us the 10th OA pick, Im down.
    He has FIVE years left, dude. Five.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast