• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Isles Fire Garth Snow, Doug Weight; Lamoriello Takes Over as GM

Phil

The politics of the coaching choice and how it dovetails with JT are interesting. Do they give Tavares a veto on the coach only to have him walk anyway? Is there some kind of de facto package deal where JT gets a coach he likes and signs? There is a saying that all politicians lives end in failure, and I think the same might be said of GMs. Lou is a great hockey guy, but one who is due to fail.

Lou's gonna go hard after a goalie. He's got back-to-back 1sts to get it done. Not sure who's available. I don't see any Freddy Andersson situations around the league.

Grubauer, Korpisalo, Bernier (UFA), or Malcom Subban?

Lots of conflicting data. On one hand, some media insist Lamoriello doesn't make this move without running it past Tavares. And others are saying Tavares was wedded to Weight.Nobody knows shit except Tavares himself.And between now and July 1st that could change several times before then.

I fear Lou brings Hunter in after the draft, but gets consulted prior. They'll draft the best guys remaining at 11 and 12 and sign Bernier and find a good backup.

May take a while to fix that D though. Lou raping Toronto of Keefe would kinda suck.

Why the fuck would Trotz be interested? lol

Well, he might feel that the Caps showed no loyalty to him and he obviously knows that the only way he was getting a new contract was to win the cup. He would almost certainly not have been offered a new deal had they gone down to the Jackets/Pens and quite likely even in the ECF. The Caps obviously sat on the fence on the new deal so maybe he tells them to fuck off with the cup in his hands. Or maybe not.

My first thought was that Lamoriello would go after Keefe. But there are a few names out there you could imagine he'd look at. Stevens, Bylsma and Tippet comes to mind.

Well, he might feel that the Caps showed no loyalty to him and he obviously knows that the only way he was getting a new contract was to win the cup. He would almost certainly not have been offered a new deal had they gone down to the Jackets/Pens and quite likely even in the ECF. The Caps obviously sat on the fence on the new deal so maybe he tells them to fuck off with the cup in his hands. Or maybe not.

My first thought was that Lamoriello would go after Keefe. But there are a few names out there you could imagine he'd look at. Stevens, Bylsma and Tippet comes to mind.

I mean I guess.

But the idea that he'd leave a Cup winner (assuming) and then go to a rebuilder seems ridiculous.

Right now Trotsky is feeling pretty good and pretty Russian. like an Oligarch even. :devil:

His team loves him, the city and if he wins 1 more, so will mgmt. He'll be naming his price. His contract negotiation should be fun times for him, if the Caps can close the series.

It does. Depends how he feels about the Caps fucking him around on the new contract.

To be fair I’m not even sure that’s what’s happened.

I don't think they did. I think they just said something along the lines of "we'll evaluate after the playoffs."

I guess a coach could take that as being messed around with, but it's not like pinning a next contract to playoff success is that much of a reach.

I don't think they did. I think they just said something along the lines of "we'll evaluate after the playoffs."

I guess a coach could take that as being messed around with, but it's not like pinning a next contract to playoff success is that much of a reach.

I agree. I wouldn't think my boss was jerking me around if I asked for a raise and they said "we'll see how you do on your next review."

Archived