• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

The 2019 odds to win the Eastern Conference, Western Conference, and Stanley Cup have been posted.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Even though there is still free agency and other manueverings, the oddsmakers aren't very impressed with the current version of the NY Rangers. Rangers are tied with Buffalo at 40/1 to win the Eastern Conference. The only teams that have worse odds are worse are the Red Wings and the Senators at 50/1.

So Vegas doesn't view us as a fringe playoff team, they view us as one of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference.

Free agency potentially is what can move the needle the most, or not at all. I don't think we're going to see many gains via trades, we'd have to have quality pieces to bring other ones back. I just don't see it.

What we're going to need the most of is time and patience.

Free agency potentially is what can move the needle the most, or not at all. I don't think we're going to see many gains via trades, we'd have to have quality pieces to bring other ones back. I just don't see it.

What we're going to need the most of is time and patience.

We have a lot of pieces to move, the question is if we want to. 3 first rounders are valuable, we have a lot of middle-6 wingers and RFA's. Zuccarello would probably bring back a decent return.

I dont see us making any big trades that would change the odds very much tho. If we end up signing JT and trading for Karlsson then I guess, but don't see that happening.

50/1 is a lot, I dont think our lineup will be THAT bad.

Archived