Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Rangers Can Improve Toughness This Summer

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Dude man....NO ONE shot the puck on this team LOL!!! We employed that pass first system....and without bashing the ever loving crap out of our past coach yet again, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Rangers....MY HOCKEY TEAM....actually PLAY like a hockey team again! ...Hard, tough, ass kicking hockey!!!

I've waited 4 years ....and my time's come yet again!
    It just doesn't make sense. Why change that in a player? Do coaches want predictable? Is playing it safe and picking the perfect opportunity, seriously a way to go about playing in the NHL? Like him or not (I don't), AV got decent results from this team. He's well liked league wide... But I just don't get the approach. Obviously I'm not the brightest, and I know Jack shit about systems, but it really seems like the team was held back and restrained by the game plan of not taking risks, not shooting instinctively, and continuously passing too much.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    They definitely need to shoot more....they have for a LONG time!

we'll see it this year I'm certain!

Anyone see this incredibly stupid trade suggestion over at Blueshirt Banter?

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...w-york-rangers

As a hypothetical, would an offer of Hayes, the 26th overall (from Boston), and defensive prospect Sean Day be enough for Botterill to part with his star pivot?

So let me see if I understand this correctly; having traded Derek Stepan for $.60 on the dollar less than 12 months ago, we then go mortgage the the present & future for Ryan O' Reilly(slightly better) and his 7.5 million/year contract who is statistically more or less the same player?

Brilliant!

Sounds like a great re-build plan.
    Last edited by MuddyInTheMiddle; 06-08-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    They definitely need to shoot more....they have for a LONG time!

we'll see it this year I'm certain!
    I'd love to see Quinn focus on the fundamentals, like he's been suggesting. Skate, Shoot, go to the net. Good things happen!

Guys became too complacent under AV, content staying to the outside, waiting, watching. No fire, no mojo, no drive.
    I hope Quinn really drives home a new mindset.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'd love to see Quinn focus on the fundamentals, like he's been suggesting. Skate, Shoot, go to the net. Good things happen!

Guys became too complacent under AV, content staying to the outside, waiting, watching. No fire, no mojo, no drive.
    I hope Quinn really drives home a new mindset.
    From your mouth to god's ears, Josh man!!!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyInTheMiddle View Post
    Anyone see this incredibly stupid trade suggestion over at Blueshirt Banter?

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...w-york-rangers

So let me see if I understand this correctly; having traded Derek Stepan for $.60 on the dollar less than 12 months ago, we then go mortgage the the present & future for Ryan O' Reilly(O' Reilly is slightly better) and his 7.5 million/year contract with who is statistically more or less the same player?

Brilliant!

Sounds like a great re-build plan.
    Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that idea!?

Also, let's discuss it here: http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...yan-O%92Reilly
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Actually, that was was the first place I went; your article even motivated me to sign-up for an account(not having had one despite reading Blueshirt Banter daily). Looks like the admin wants an account to settle for 24 hours before it lets you post.

Congratulations on writing there! It's the gold standard of Rangers coverage in my opinion.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that idea!?

Also, let's discuss it here: http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...yan-O%92Reilly
    Someone who should definitely not be GM of the Rangers

3. If the intention is for the Rangers to play a harder, grittier, more straight-line game under Quinn (and it is), they are going to have to add players who fit that vision, because there sure aren’t enough on the roster. Free-agent candidates include Leo Komarov, Antoine Roussel and Tommy Wingels, none exactly of marquee caliber.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/24/which-...hoice-looming/

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yea none of those names make my dick wet. We have enough 4th liners.

They're not supposed to. They're good character/work ethic guys who'll add some interest and help bring kids along in a non-winning environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    But so is Grabner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123