• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' Reboot Following Racist Tweet

Phil

Through the roof. They made a strong moral choice on this and are being applauded for it, and its timely nature.
Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.

Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.

I agree in principle, but how the hell do you do Roseanne without Roseanne? She's the title character.

Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

"I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

"I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They attempted this with Kevin Can Wait, they killed off his wife and replaced her with Leah Remi as his work partner and the show tanked.

Archived