Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' Reboot Following Racist Tweet

  1. #1
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,340
    Rep Power
    457

    ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' Reboot Following Racist Tweet

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,103
    Rep Power
    532
    How were the ratings?

  3. #3
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,340
    Rep Power
    457
    Through the roof. They made a strong moral choice on this and are being applauded for it, and its timely nature.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,447
    Rep Power
    17
    Whole thing is pretty dumb tbh. Never liked the show or Roseanne, but now the other actors lost a big payday.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  5. #5
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,103
    Rep Power
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Through the roof. They made a strong moral choice on this and are being applauded for it, and its timely nature.
    Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

    But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.

  6. #6
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,182
    Rep Power
    148
    Agreed, definitely unfair
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  7. #7
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,340
    Rep Power
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

    But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.
    I agree in principle, but how the hell do you do Roseanne without Roseanne? She's the title character.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #8
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,340
    Rep Power
    457
    Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

    "I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #9
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,432
    Rep Power
    325
    I’m sure Roseanne owns certain rights to every part of it, including spin offs or whatnot. She’s not an idio...oh, wait.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  10. #10
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,665
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

    "I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    They attempted this with Kevin Can Wait, they killed off his wife and replaced her with Leah Remi as his work partner and the show tanked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •