Thread: ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' Reboot Following Racist Tweet

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' Reboot Following Racist Tweet

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    How were the ratings?

Through the roof. They made a strong moral choice on this and are being applauded for it, and its timely nature.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Whole thing is pretty dumb tbh. Never liked the show or Roseanne, but now the other actors lost a big payday.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Through the roof. They made a strong moral choice on this and are being applauded for it, and its timely nature.
    Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Agreed, definitely unfair
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Good. Consumers expect brands to have a POV.

But also, a stronger statement could have been made by saying we can do this without you. They should have just immediately written her out of the show. It's not fair to her co-actors that they lose jobs because she's retarded.
    I agree in principle, but how the hell do you do Roseanne without Roseanne? She's the title character.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

"I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I’m sure Roseanne owns certain rights to every part of it, including spin offs or whatnot. She’s not an idio...oh, wait.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Friend of mine suggested this on Facebook:

"I think they should kill off Roseanne, but keep the show going about the rest of the family, just change the name to "Darlene". It makes sense. The season ended with Roseanne going to get a knee replacement. They could say she had a heart attack on the table & died, which happens in real life. Then maybe Jackie moves in to help Dan, Darlene and her kids. Basically shift emphasis to Darlene, but keep Dan, Jackie, and Becky around. DJ can stay or go, i don't care. That's my pitch ABC!"

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    They attempted this with Kevin Can Wait, they killed off his wife and replaced her with Leah Remi as his work partner and the show tanked.