Poll: Who Wins the Cup?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 244

Thread: 2017-2018 SCF | Las Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

  1. #221
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,923
    Rep Power
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yep, ended in a 5 game final loss too.

    So happy for Ovi! One of the greatest players of this generation and everyone knew how much a Cup would mean to him. Enjoy this Great8, Henrik's turn now.

    Btw, I have a feeling Vegas will be baaaad next year.
    Vegas is probably only going to get better. It's going to be a top UFA destination and they'll be hungry.

    I see no reason to think theyll be terrible.

  2. #222
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,249
    Rep Power
    23
    Plus no state income tax for a player like Tavarez is at least an extra mil in the bank

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  3. #223
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    14
    Good for Ovi and the TJ Oshie's interview after the game where he discusses his dad was very emotional.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  4. #224
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,664
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yep, ended in a 5 game final loss too.

    So happy for Ovi! One of the greatest players of this generation and everyone knew how much a Cup would mean to him. .
    Yep, and also for the Caps core that somehow managed to stay together despite all the demoralizing playoff defeats and disappointment after disappointment that the NYR and other teams put on them some many times in the playoffs — Ovi, Backstrom, Holtby, Carlson, Beagle, Orlov, Grubauer and Wilson, —*sure they re-tooled as much as anyone, but kudos to those that stuck around or were able to stick around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Losing that Cup Finals to the Kings burns my balls worse with each passing Cup Finals.

    Rangers basically kept the Caps from getting the chance, they FINALLY got it and took the final step needed to become champions.

    Someone get me an ice pack.




    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Yep I feel your pain as does everyone else here.

    Pass the ice pack!

    It's a pity we won't be able to experience quite the same love fest, as the core has been decimated, but we still have a few NYRs to root for who've been with the team since, say, 2013 — Hank, Zucc, Kreider, Staal if he endures, and Fast. I would have liked to see McD and Girardi raise that cup in Rangers' blue - yet they could not help Tampa either.
    Hockey can be cruel and heartbreaking ... but here in this Stanley Cup Finals ... the Hockey Gods really got it right, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Good for Ovi and the TJ Oshie's interview after the game where he discusses his dad was very emotional.
    Yep, saw my wife brushing away a tear listening to Oshie. That was an emotional moment.

    P.S. When St. Lou. traded him I could not believe it, WTF?! I said to myself, what a gift to Washington - I don't care who or what they got in return, that's a kind of player you don't trade, and deserve to be taken behind the woodshed if you do.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 06-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  5. #225
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,359
    Rep Power
    80
    Congrats to both the Caps and Knights on a great playoffs by both teams. I was pulling for Vegas because I wanted to see an expansion team win, but I wasn't upset with the Caps wining because there are a couple of players I like on the Caps. Im glad Ovechkin finally won, IMO, he is the best player in the world, better than Crosby.

    I don't see Vegas being a bad team next year. They were a tight nit group, and I think a lot of the players saw that in them, and that kind of attitude will draw the attention of some UFA's.

  6. #226
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,559
    Rep Power
    95
    I’ve never been so happy for a single player to win. I was a kid when Ray Bourque did it so I didn’t appreciate the scope. This I understand. That shot of Ovi lifting that thing will become iconic.
    GORTON 2020

  7. #227
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,427
    Rep Power
    35

    2017-2018 SCF | Las Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

    It really is such a beautiful trophy. Happy for Ovi.

  8. #228
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,427
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Or the lovely rack under Ovi's elbow
    Hahahahahaha

  9. #229
    Senior Member Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    393
    Rep Power
    2
    Now Hank will be called the greatest player on a team that hasn't won a cup

  10. #230
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,693
    Rep Power
    406
    Reminder: funny as it may be, DO NOT POST NUDITY HERE .


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #231
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    11
    Well, it's my policy not to root for a team to win the Cup until year 55. This will be instructive for all those who jump to the conclusion that "the window has passed" for a team. I expected them to do better this year without the burden of being the favorite. There are many upsets in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but they never seem to happen in the final round. Rarely have I seen a better potential fit between a UFA and a team than between Tavares and Vegas...

  12. #232
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,894
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Vegas is probably only going to get better. It's going to be a top UFA destination and they'll be hungry.

    I see no reason to think theyll be terrible.
    If they go into next season with a similar roster, they’re going to fight it a little. Terrible? No, but they’re going from the most underestimated team in the league to one with a pretty big target on their back. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they’re fighting for a playoff spot and possibly not even get in. Now if you’re telling me Tavares and other FA’s are going there, different story.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  13. #233
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,923
    Rep Power
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If they go into next season with a similar roster, they’re going to fight it a little. Terrible? No, but they’re going from the most underestimated team in the league to one with a pretty big target on their back. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they’re fighting for a playoff spot and possibly not even get in. Now if you’re telling me Tavares and other FA’s are going there, different story.
    They went wire to wire in first....pretty much. You can't call a team underestimated on Valentine's Day.

  14. #234
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,894
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They went wire to wire in first....pretty much. You can't call a team underestimated on Valentine's Day.
    I think the whole world was waiting for the wheels to fall off though. Look, I was on their side going into this season. I said it wouldn’t surprise me if they made the playoffs. Never thought SCF, but I thought they’d compete hard enough and play with that chip all year. I just think this past season could take a lot out of those guys after not being wanted to wanting to prove themselves. Just my .02.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  15. #235
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,085
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I’ve never been so happy for a single player to win. I was a kid when Ray Bourque did it so I didn’t appreciate the scope. This I understand. That shot of Ovi lifting that thing will become iconic.
    Agreed, for me as a 'neutral' seeing Ovechkin lift the cup was the coolest thing since Ray Bourque did it.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  16. #236
    Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Vegas is probably only going to get better. It's going to be a top UFA destination and they'll be hungry.

    I see no reason to think theyll be terrible.
    $54 million in cap room means they figure to be a powerhouse in the west for a while, unless they get silly with long term contracts and eff that up.

  17. #237
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,693
    Rep Power
    406
    Vegas could add Tavares and Karlsson in the same summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  18. #238
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,894
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Vegas could add Tavares and Karlsson in the same summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    You’re assuming the owner cares more about winning than he does about money. Tough to figure that one out. He can put 20 muppets out there next year and make money. Just sayin
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  19. #239
    Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,536
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think the whole world was waiting for the wheels to fall off though. Look, I was on their side going into this season. I said it wouldn’t surprise me if they made the playoffs. Never thought SCF, but I thought they’d compete hard enough and play with that chip all year. I just think this past season could take a lot out of those guys after not being wanted to wanting to prove themselves. Just my .02.
    This. Have feeling they will miss playoffs next season. Don't see Tavares moving to Vegas, but you never know.

  20. #240
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,923
    Rep Power
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    This. Have feeling they will miss playoffs next season. Don't see Tavares moving to Vegas, but you never know.
    You keep saying this but you've yet to say why.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •