Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subban Wearing Nashville Welcome Out; Does New York Make Sense?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    This was speculation I think from Davis and the rangers are kicking tires everywhere. I just thought it was interesting and could totally see this as a ranger type move. He’s in his prime would bring a lot of buzz, help fill a massive hole and give a perfect player to sell. Downside is how it retards the rebuild. I’m 100% against it but it is interesting and if I had to choose I’d rather him than Karlsson. I think Karlsson just has to many hard miles on him where Subban doesn’t.
    It is the missing part of his ankle/foot that's the clincher. Add how he performed on it, this past year. If not for the injury, it would be no contest.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Anything they want except for the #9 pick and Chytil. Anything. This dude would instantly put this teams credibility on the map.

Tampas pick, NJs pick, DeAngelo, and Namestikov, with Nashville eating some salary.

Shit, do they want to throw in Rinne and take Lundqvist?

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    I'm surprised. I though PK was enjoying Nashville. I agree that we are not close enough to contention to make this kind of deal. A year from now, or even at the deadline, I suppose that could be different. Right now, we just don't really know what we've got.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Anything they want except for the #9 pick and Chytil. Anything. This dude would instantly put this teams credibility on the map.

Tampas pick, NJs pick, DeAngelo, and Namestikov, with Nashville eating some salary.

Shit, do they want to throw in Rinne and take Lundqvist?
    DeAngelo? Lmao, youíre kidding right?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    It's a logistical issue, as well. How do you deploy both Subban and Shattenkirk to get the most out of each given they are both PPQBs? Someone will suffer for lack of ice time.
    Not that I want to trade for him or think we should pay them both...But...

They don't really do the same thing on the PP. I wouldn't call PK a QB. He's a shooter.

Shattenkirk could feed that one-timer all day...

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Not that that couldn’t work but they are both righty which isn’t ideal on the pp at thd same time

HNIC BSBH Legend
    PK plays left side on PP for the one timer.

Itís easier to take the one timer away when thereís both same handed players at the point.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Not that that couldnít work but they are both righty which isnít ideal on the pp at thd same time
    That's false. A righty on the right side feeding another righty on the left side doesn't have to turn their body to make the pass.

The righty/lefty thing comes into play only when trying to pick the puck off the wall, which hopefully isn't happening all that much on the PP.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    PK plays left side on PP for the one timer.
    Move Zibanejad to the high slot?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    That's false. A righty on the right side feeding another righty on the left side doesn't have to turn their body to make the pass.

The righty/lefty thing comes into play only when trying to pick the puck off the wall, which hopefully isn't happening all that much on the PP.
    This isnít entirely true, it depends what kind of system youíre running.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    I'm with Phil a foot into a door we shouldn't open. Very good player and does some great things off the ice charity wise but IF this is true he wears out his welcome in the room.

There's no shortcuts here that won't lead us right back to exactly where we were.

Senior Member Midget Division
    A guy not being liked in the locker room doesn’t seem like the plague. Avery was hated thru out the NHL and became very close with the rest of the Rangers rat pack we had here. PK would flourish here with his big personality, IMO.

Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I keep thinking back to the beginning of the season when Shattenkirk was healthy. He played confident, heads up hockey. He took control of the ice when he carried the puck and looked like he was the leader dispite McD having the C. 30-50 days later he looked like a totally different player, which put a sour taste in the mouths of the fans, (myself included). Having learned of his injury put into perspective why we saw the shitty Shatty. I believe we'll the see the real top dman we were told about at the trade, when the season starts. I also liked how vocal he was about vets not being accountable for their lack of effort and when he mentioned how Staal should have been the one to stick up for his teammates after Shatty dropped the gloves in defense of someone. It wouldn't be surprised if he was given the "C". Putting PK into the lockerroom could effect the chemistry that the Rangers desperately need. That's my thinking that PK is a big no.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I keep thinking back to the beginning of the season when Shattenkirk was healthy. He played confident, heads up hockey. He took control of the ice when he carried the puck and looked like he was the leader dispite McD having the C. 30-50 days later he looked like a totally different player, which put a sour taste in the mouths of the fans, (myself included). Having learned of his injury put into perspective why we saw the shitty Shatty. I believe we'll the see the real top dman we were told about at the trade, when the season starts. I also liked how vocal he was about vets not being accountable for their lack of effort and when he mentioned how Staal should have been the one to stick up for his teammates after Shatty dropped the gloves in defense of someone. It wouldn't be surprised if he was given the "C". Putting PK into the lockerroom could effect the chemistry that the Rangers desperately need. That's my thinking that PK is a big no.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Shatty was a turnover machine from day 1, though he did have good production.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    A guy not being liked in the locker room doesnít seem like the plague. Avery was hated thru out the NHL and became very close with the rest of the Rangers rat pack we had here. PK would flourish here with his big personality, IMO.
    This. It would be huge for NY and for hockey. Or am I over thinking the whole star black hockey player in NY aspect? That aside, the guy is a big time game changer.

There is no room for him to disrupt. He would take lead and be a huge step in a new direction. You get him, Tavares probably has no problem coming here. You build around these two with all of these new prospects and future ones. There would be nothing left to worry about via drafting a building block. These guys would be it.

I think Laviolette would love Kreider or Zucc. Shit, maybe Andersson gets you a big in on the discussion.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Can't really compare the teams Avery joined to todays squad. We had Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Shanahan, Cullen, Betts, vets on D. This team has... Kreider, Staal and Zuccarello wearing letters...

besides, Karlsson is cheaper to acquire, younger, more talented, lower cap hit, less problems, and makes those around him better - huge for a rebuilding/growing team.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post

I have never seen the Shattenkirk you're talking about.

There was no trade, he came here as a UFA.

When did he call out Staal? When did he drop the gloves?

I would be absolutely floored if he even had a letter.

Senior Member Squirt Division rmc51's Avatar
    I don't think I would say leader, but Shattenkirk certainly looked real good the first month and a half or so - and was producing at a clip from a defenseman we haven't seen in quite some time during that stretch. He sloped off drastically before he eventually was officially out from injury though. Who knows what we will get next season.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I wouldn’t mind PK simply for the fact that he brings a missing element to the team in a nasty defenseman. He isn’t the big hitter, but he also doesn’t shy away from anything and is a pretty good shit stirrer. I wasn’t a fan of his when he first came into the league, but now that he has matured a little more, he has grown on me, and like someone else here said in the thread, he would thrive here and would be able to handle the pressure of playing here. The only thing that makes me want to stay away is what it would cost to get him here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast