Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Subban Wearing Nashville Welcome Out; Does New York Make Sense?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    He's always been a one dimensional player and I'm not sure I would ever describe any of his play as great over a season. He's done nothing here top even deserve to be in the conversation about wearing a letter. I hole heartedly hope they actually make guys earn the opportunity to wear one. Barring a guy like Taveras who I still don't think ends up here go without a C and anybody wearing an A should have some contributed here in the past Shattenkirk hasn't done that. Maybe if he stays healthy he has a better year but even then it's almost assuredly only on one side of the puck. I would prefer to not see him get scorched playing against top lines, let the kids take they lumps and learn the ropes. Sheltering them isn't the answer to me. Honestly I hope they aren't putting much stock in DeAngelo.
    Young Dmen are tough to judge and it is just to early to know what D'Angelo is. He could improve in a lot of areas, but I like his tools and skill set. He is capable of getting better. Should put as much stock into him as any of their Dmen who haven't played a full season in the NHL.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    It will be nice to see a coach hold a vet like Shattenkirk responsible for poor puck management just like they would with DeAngelo. Av did at times but for the most part poor puck management was only a problem if the guy doing it was a younger player. I’m thinking Quinn will be a major improvement.

Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    He is now, and will be in the future, a poor defensive player who needs managed minutes. Not what you expect for his premium price tag.

Also not sure how we got to Shattenkirk from comparing to Skjei and Staal.
    You seem very confrontational about anyones opinion but your own. He got a premium price tag for a reason. If you think he doesn't deserve it fine, but you shouldn't speak as if your opinion is the only right choice.
    And what is Your point ? Your better at judging a Dmans worth, why? You've made it a habit of being confrontational with anyone who differs from your view. What exactly do you want from this forums users if you can't debate a topic without demeaning a contrasting opinion? Does it really make you feel better about yourself?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Young Dmen are tough to judge and it is just to early to know what D'Angelo is. He could improve in a lot of areas, but I like his tools and skill set. He is capable of getting better. Should put as much stock into him as any of their Dmen who haven't played a full season in the NHL.

Agree to disagree. I don't think he plays a smart game and to me is caught out of position often. But I guess we can blame AV. Imo his ceiling is low. I guess he'll get a chance to prove himself so we'll see how it plays out.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    You seem very confrontational about anyones opinion but your own. He got a premium price tag for a reason. If you think he doesn't deserve it fine, but you shouldn't speak as if your opinion is the only right choice.
    And what is Your point ? Your better at judging a Dmans worth, why? You've made it a habit of being confrontational with anyone who differs from your view. What exactly do you want from this forums users if you can't debate a topic without demeaning a contrasting opinion? Does it really make you feel better about yourself?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    There's nothing better than when confrontational people call other people confrontational. Not sure why your so sensitive to your opinion being challenged if you claim that's what the forum is for. Why don't we just stick to debating the players and you can keep your personal comments to yourself or just put me on the ignore list?

Shattenkirk being a poor defensive player who needs managed minutes isn't an opinion. It's an observation based on his usage over the last 3 or 4 years. Unless you think your opinion trumps the last 3 coaches who weren't playing him on the top pair or giving him D zone starts or playing him on the PK or against the other teams best players.

My point is pretty clear regarding Shattenkirk.

Still not sure where Staal and Skjei fit in.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

I donít see how he was confrontational, he was debating the points being made, isnít that the point of the forum?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Sorry about that. I should not post comments after drinking so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Agree to disagree. I don't think he plays a smart game and to me is caught out of position often. But I guess we can blame AV. Imo his ceiling is low. I guess he'll get a chance to prove himself so we'll see how it plays out.
    Cool, though we do agree that he has to play a smarter game and make better decisions. However, those are the things he can improve with experience and good coaching. If he listens, has the aptitude, attitude and willingness he will improve like other young Dmen. We were already seeing bits of improvement before he had the high ankle sprain.

Here's the thing, unlike a few of our D prospects, he has almost all of physical hockey tools to be a good player in this league. It is the reason he was a 1st rounder (19th overall) in the 2014 draft. Let's see if he can build on his game this year now that he has a little more experience and a new coach who is good with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Cool, though we do agree that he has to play a smarter game and make better decisions. However, those are the things he can improve with experience and good coaching. If he listens, has the aptitude, attitude and willingness he will improve like other young Dmen. We were already seeing bits of improvement before he had the high ankle sprain.

Here's the thing, unlike a few of our D prospects, he has almost all of physical hockey tools to be a good player in this league. It is the reason he was a 1st rounder (19th overall) in the 2014 draft. Let's see if he can build on his game this year now that he has a little more experience and a new coach who is good with kids.
    I think D'Angelo is a prime example of a player that will benefit from having Quin as the new coach. His skating ability is evident so our ,defensive minded coach can hopefully raise his ceiling.

Senior Member Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Not just D'Angelo, our young defensemen, in general, need to improve and it helps since we have a college coach in David Quinn for developing our younger players

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    But if you look at his game logs and splits, it shows he started strong then faded to shit by Dec. IMO it shows that his injury played a significant role in his game and he should be given a chance at redeeming himself as a player in the eyes of fans. I just think he's a much better player then what we remember from last season. I guess that's the crux of my point.

Howdy CB,

What was the nature of Skjei's injury?
    That eluded me, i'm afraid to say.
    I sure hope it is not a factor next year.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Not worry about Skjei ,his first year of playing against other teams best plaYers,it was a learning experience,and he will be more prepared for next season

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Howdy CB,

What was the nature of Skjei's injury?
    That eluded me, i'm afraid to say.
    I sure hope it is not a factor next year.
    I think he's referring to Shatty's knee injury.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-why-p...h-zdeno-chara/

No, you’re not crazy. P.K. Subban has been popping up in Boston a lot lately. The Nashville Predators defenseman chatted up LeBron James at TD Garden on Sunday after the Boston Celtics’ loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, then took in Monday’s Boston Red Sox game from the Green Monster seats at Fenway Park. So, why is Subban spending so much time in Boston? Don’t worry: No trade is imminent. He’s taking a class at Harvard Business School — with B’s defenseman Zdeno Chara, no less.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-why-p...h-zdeno-chara/
    PK -- I'm a wee bit interested I have to admit. Why he wears out his welcome I am not sure.
    Maybe he might be more mature by the time he signs here, oops.

Even though 29 looks durable to me and has years left in him, still productive, still a scary shot -- would love to see him turn any negative energies to leadership energies here — could be good — but probably wishful thinking.

82gms 16g 43a 59pts +18 82

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think he's referring to Shatty's knee injury.
    Ah, thank you Futes!
    Silly me for misreading! Duh!
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    No thanks, this is the type of move that should be made when we are ready to contend. Only way they should be trading any of their 1st rounders should be to move up in this draft.
    no doubt. i want to figure out a way to get svenikov

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Gorton has essential said there is no way they're going to use all their picks in the first 3 rounds. I could almost guarantee he's seeing what his chances are at moving up.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    It's going to be almost impossible.

If Carolina take Zadina (to play with Necas), you have a better shot, but then every other team is in there, too.
    Might be able to get Montreal to bite on Hayes/Zibanejad + 9th (Kotkaniemi)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234