• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sharks, Kane Set to Sign 7-Year, $49M Extension

Phil

Wyshynski made a good comparison to Evander Kane.....Chris Kreider, and I dont think anyone thinks Kreider is a 7 year/$7 million per player. Both guys stats are similiar their first 6 seasons. Kane 361 GP, 109 Goals, 113 Assists. Kreider 381 GP, 105 Goals, 114 Assists

if i get a stupidly attractive offer at this year's deadline for Krieds.... sayonara.

Using that qualifier (stupidly attractive) then OK, but I value him quite a bit. I'd want Svech or Zadina and only would add a 2nd and 3rd. Or maybe someone like Trouba or Hamilton. Not that those deals would work and that's kinda the point.

Kreids truly seemed to turn the corner coming back from his blood clot. Not just mentally, though he was so upbeat, that can't hurt during a rebuild. But also in his style of play, which was faster, looser, full of effort and a great mix of F1 duties, going to the net and taking the puck into the middle. There are a lot of players to trade. Older guys, RFAs, B prospects, not to mention all the draft picks. Plenty can and will leave, but some have to stay and Kreids is near the top of the list. No real reason to try and use him as a centerpiece of an offer.

We can always trade some players during the season or near the deadline. Outside of the rookies, there is no pressing reason to seek to move guys like him, Zibs (unless concussions play into it), Fast or Skjei. That's it. Those 4 guys are not untradable (feel free to blow us away) just there are so many other pieces that mgmt does have reasons to include in a trade.

Wyshynski made a good comparison to Evander Kane.....Chris Kreider, and I dont think anyone thinks Kreider is a 7 year/$7 million per player. Both guys stats are similiar their first 6 seasons. Kane 361 GP, 109 Goals, 113 Assists. Kreider 381 GP, 105 Goals, 114 Assists

Funny, the other day when thinking about potential comparatives:

Zadina - his shot, maturity and desire to be great at other aspects of the game, instantly recalls Laine. Yet, when you watch him he attacks like a playmaking winger, specifically Patrick Kane. He backs people off when entering the zone, forces defenders to give him time and space lest he embarrass you for over-aggressiveness. Finds extra time in tight areas and squeezes through them with skating skills and stick-handling. Even though he finds spaces, he needs little room to operate. He may be the best forward in the draft. Already progressing on D, given his decent strength, skating, skill and stick, it is hard to find a fault. He's been active doing well at everything with various teams this year. Laine x P.Kane = No Joke.

Svechnikov - Last week, the best comparative description I could come up with is Evander Kane plus. Svech could be a more disciplined talent. One with a better head, attitude and goal scoring aptitude. He can shoot, but he imposes his will with long strong skating and size that he uses to attack the middle and drive thru traffic. He'll also go to the boards and can use his speed and length to get back and defend. I guess you could say he might be a Kreider with better hockey sense, vision and shot. He also has more offensive moves then Kreids.

Obviously we all think he will be vastly superior to Evander or Kreids, but it is interesting to compare both prospects with the kind of player each could become. I know I'm in the minority, but i'm leaning Zadina right now as the forward to make the biggest impact.

Wyshynski made a good comparison

Wyshynski was great again this afternoon. He was hammering Toronto press for sucking up to Hunter (their source) and criticizing the Dubas selection unfairly and w/o speaking to Shanny. When asked if he spoke to Shanny, he said, "Oh Yeah, and I asked him if the decision meant he felt more in line with Dubas' approach over Hunter". To paraphrase, Shanny answered, not necessarily. He knew ultimately the guy who didn't get the job would leave and he gave a nod to what Hunter brings to the entire Scouting aspect. However, he paid attention to what each asst said over the years, in their overall evaluations. He considered who turned out to be more on point and correct in their assessments and analysis. As time went on Shanny became increasingly impressed with Dubas on every level of decision making. I thought that was telling.

Also got the impression that Shanny wanted/expected Lou to leave. Yet, he would have liked Hunter to stay as VP advisor and head of scouting. Yet, he knew he wouldn't want to stay. Hunter understood why Dubas got the job and Shanny understood why Hunter would move on.

Pretty good comparison, and NO FUCKING WAY I would give Kreider anything near 7/7. If he was signing a new contract this summer I would be fine with something like 4 years, 5 mil.

You would never get Kreider for that.

Pretty good comparison, and NO FUCKING WAY I would give Kreider anything near 7/7. If he was signing a new contract this summer I would be fine with something like 4 years, 5 mil.
This. 50-60 pt scorer and consistent net front presence Kreider, yes

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived