Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 NY JETS DISCUSSION

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Jets hire Adam Base as the head coach,I like the choice way better than McCarthy,I know I am in the minority here,but I am very happy with no McCarthy

Senior Member Bantam Division
    They obviously went for the guy they felt was the best fit with Darnold.
    He'll need a strong DC to work with, rumours right now seems to be Vance Joseph.

I agree he needs to pick a strong DC

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm okay with Gase and not some OC first time coach. As stated above he'll need a good DC and there's some talent on the D.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Good luck with him. He's brash, he's stubborn, he has a big ego. Its his way or no way. It got so bad in Miami that he got into an argument with Stephen Ross and basically told the owner to F off. He may be a good coach but he wasnt right for the Miami Dolphins, he didnt make Ryan Tannehill better especially he is the QB whisperer.

Apparently he is bringing the OC he had with Miami, which isnt significant anyway since Gase calls the plays.

He didn't make him worse ,plus Tannehill has been hurt over the last few seasons,he had a mess in his hands with the injuries ,especially at the qb position,he was very young when he got hired by Miami ,and was just under five hundred over those three years,I think he is a good hire

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    He didn't make him worse ,plus Tannehill has been hurt over the last few seasons,he had a mess in his hands with the injuries ,especially at the qb position,he was very young when he got hired by Miami ,and was just under five hundred over those three years,I think he is a good hire
    Tannehill was efficient when he could sit in the pocket, however the second that their was any pressure he had no pocket awareness, in addition he would throw INTs that rookies would throw. Gase/Tannehill records are a mirage, they beat the bad teams, could hardly beat any teams that were over .500 under there tenure the last couple of years. Kept on taking a step back after Gase's first season.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Gase could be a very good HC, it's possible he could do really well, but the problem with the hire is that it's a crapshoot. The Jets are GAMBLING with their golden opportunity of a second year franchise quarterback and all the cap space in the world. I wasn't all that excited with McCarthy, BUT, he DID win a Super Bowl and that alone is proof that he is a legitimate NFL head coach that can do the same with the Jets. Hiring Gase is basically the same as another team hiring Bowles, it's another coordinator who got promoted to head coach and failed. The Bills did this with Rex too after he failed with us. In all sports, how many times have we seen a coach crap the bed under pressure playoff situations

This is extremely poor decision making on the part of the Jets executives
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 01-10-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Payton Manning speaks very highly of Gase ,yes McCarthy won a super bowl ,that doesn't mean he will be a success with the jets,out of sight empty jobs nobody has hired him ,I could see how much Belechick would love McCarthy and his west coast offense,yum ,yum

By the way, under Gaze Tannerhill has started 16 games and is 11 wins 5 loses,I say that's a pretty good,plus he had a 121.8 passing rate

By the way, under Gaze Tannerhill has started 16 games and is 11 wins 5 loses,I say that's a pretty good,plus he had a 121.8 passing rate
    ???
    Tannehill was 13-11 under Gase. Again the wins are misleading b/c they were vs. under .500 teams, hardly any wins vs. over .500 teams.
    2018 (Tennessee 9-7 : Week 1 of the season and Mariota got hurt, New England 11-5 : Miami Miracle)
    2016 (Pitt 11-5)
    So 3 wins vs. .500+ teams in 2 seasons for Tannehill under Gase.
    Also Gase's offense has ranked in the bottom 5 the last 2 seasons, overall 26th, 30th in passing this season, 28th overall last season.

Like Joe B. and Evan Roberts said on WFAN, he was the coffee boy for Peyton Manning, Manning was already a HOF QB when Gase was the QB coach in Denver. Manning was calling the plays at the line, not Gase.
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 01-10-2019 at 04:00 PM.

We both wrong ,he played 21 games under Gaze and was 13-8,8-5 in 2016 ,5-6 in 2018,missed 2017 season,plus he was 6th in passing rating his season.
    Plus Joe B was dying to get McCarty in here ,so I cant go by what he said ,and Payton Manning is one of.he treats I'll take his words over now any day

Not saying he is a great coach ,but he was one of the better candidates ,and our of all of them I would pick him

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

2018-2019 NY JETS DISCUSSION

Unfortunately I missed Beningo’s reaction this morning
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I just hope he all right

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Unfortunately I missed Beningo’s reaction this morning
    It was gold.

We both wrong ,he played 21 games under Gaze and was 13-8,8-5 in 2016 ,5-6 in 2018,missed 2017 season,plus he was 6th in passing rating his season.
    Plus Joe B was dying to get McCarty in here ,so I cant go by what he said ,and Payton Manning is one of.he treats I'll take his words over now any day
    if he was 8-5 in 2016, and 5-6 in 2018, that would make him..........13-11 as I said. And as I previously said he's beaten 3 teams that were over .500 in those 24 games, thats not very good at all. And lets not even count the numerous games lost vs. teams below .500 too.
    I think Gase can be a good coach, he wasnt the right coach for the Miami Dolphins. But also what has Gase proved to be the right coach for the NY Jets? This is a big move for McCagnan. B/c if this doesnt work it, it will be same ol typical Jets. Hiring McCarthy would have been the safe hiring for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    if he was 8-5 in 2016, and 5-6 in 2018, that would make him..........13-11 as I said. And as I previously said he's beaten 3 teams that were over .500 in those 24 games, thats not very good at all. And lets not even count the numerous games lost vs. teams below .500 too.
    I think Gase can be a good coach, he wasnt the right coach for the Miami Dolphins. But also what has Gase proved to be the right coach for the NY Jets? This is a big move for McCagnan. B/c if this doesnt work it, it will be same ol typical Jets. Hiring McCarthy would have been the safe hiring for the Jets.
    what has any coach proved to be the right coach for the jets,look at the knocks on McCarthy ,the man is bad at making adjustments,he had one of the best qb and still lost his job,I don't see anyone rushing to hire him

what has any coach proved to be the right coach for the jets,look at the knocks on McCarthy ,the man is bad at making adjustments,he had one of the best qb and still lost his job,I don't see anyone rushing to hire him
    If you think McCarthy is bad at making adjustments, wait till you see Adam Gase coach. From most of the reports, McCarthy only wanted the Jets job. He turned down some interviews.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    If you think McCarthy is bad at making adjustments, wait till you see Adam Gase coach. From most of the reports, McCarthy only wanted the Jets job. He turned down some interviews.
    That was my understanding also with McCarthy it was the Jets and only the Jets job. As for Gase, we'll have to see what transpires next year. If it was me I would have went with McCarthy, Caldwell and then Gase. I guess the good thing is that they didn't hire a head with out any experience or from the college ranks.
    Last edited by paddynyc; 01-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast