• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY JETS Discussion

Shane Falco

Nice game-winning drive by Darnold and the 7 yd TD where scrambled from right to left was nice.

I listened to the Game. That Darnold pass to Anderson to set you up in a goal-to-go territory. He is the future star that can lead you to possible postseason success within the next decade

• 3 weeks later...
Best possible outcome is landing Harbaugh but doesn't seem like he's interested in coming back to the NFL at all.

I loved to have John Harbaugh and it's looking more and more that it'll be McCarthy. I'd be really surprised if the Jets went the way of college or assistant coach.

Good luck with him. He's brash, he's stubborn, he has a big ego. Its his way or no way. It got so bad in Miami that he got into an argument with Stephen Ross and basically told the owner to F off. He may be a good coach but he wasnt right for the Miami Dolphins, he didnt make Ryan Tannehill better especially he is the QB whisperer.

Apparently he is bringing the OC he had with Miami, which isnt significant anyway since Gase calls the plays.

He didn't make him worse ,plus Tannehill has been hurt over the last few seasons,he had a mess in his hands with the injuries ,especially at the qb position,he was very young when he got hired by Miami ,and was just under five hundred over those three years,I think he is a good hire

He didn't make him worse ,plus Tannehill has been hurt over the last few seasons,he had a mess in his hands with the injuries ,especially at the qb position,he was very young when he got hired by Miami ,and was just under five hundred over those three years,I think he is a good hire

Tannehill was efficient when he could sit in the pocket, however the second that their was any pressure he had no pocket awareness, in addition he would throw INTs that rookies would throw. Gase/Tannehill records are a mirage, they beat the bad teams, could hardly beat any teams that were over .500 under there tenure the last couple of years. Kept on taking a step back after Gase's first season.

Gase could be a very good HC, it's possible he could do really well, but the problem with the hire is that it's a crapshoot. The Jets are GAMBLING with their golden opportunity of a second year franchise quarterback and all the cap space in the world. I wasn't all that excited with McCarthy, BUT, he DID win a Super Bowl and that alone is proof that he is a legitimate NFL head coach that can do the same with the Jets. Hiring Gase is basically the same as another team hiring Bowles, it's another coordinator who got promoted to head coach and failed. The Bills did this with Rex too after he failed with us. In all sports, how many times have we seen a coach crap the bed under pressure playoff situations

This is extremely poor decision making on the part of the Jets executives

Payton Manning speaks very highly of Gase ,yes McCarthy won a super bowl ,that doesn't mean he will be a success with the jets,out of sight empty jobs nobody has hired him ,I could see how much Belechick would love McCarthy and his west coast offense,yum ,yum

By the way, under Gaze Tannerhill has started 16 games and is 11 wins 5 loses,I say that's a pretty good,plus he had a 121.8 passing rate

???

Tannehill was 13-11 under Gase. Again the wins are misleading b/c they were vs. under .500 teams, hardly any wins vs. over .500 teams.

2018 (Tennessee 9-7 : Week 1 of the season and Mariota got hurt, New England 11-5 : Miami Miracle)

2016 (Pitt 11-5)

So 3 wins vs. .500+ teams in 2 seasons for Tannehill under Gase.

Also Gase's offense has ranked in the bottom 5 the last 2 seasons, overall 26th, 30th in passing this season, 28th overall last season.

Like Joe B. and Evan Roberts said on WFAN, he was the coffee boy for Peyton Manning, Manning was already a HOF QB when Gase was the QB coach in Denver. Manning was calling the plays at the line, not Gase.

We both wrong ,he played 21 games under Gaze and was 13-8,8-5 in 2016 ,5-6 in 2018,missed 2017 season,plus he was 6th in passing rating his season.

Plus Joe B was dying to get McCarty in here ,so I cant go by what he said ,and Payton Manning is one of.he treats I'll take his words over now any day