• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY JETS Discussion

Shane Falco

We both wrong ,he played 21 games under Gaze and was 13-8,8-5 in 2016 ,5-6 in 2018,missed 2017 season,plus he was 6th in passing rating his season.

Plus Joe B was dying to get McCarty in here ,so I cant go by what he said ,and Payton Manning is one of.he treats I'll take his words over now any day

if he was 8-5 in 2016, and 5-6 in 2018, that would make him..........13-11 as I said. And as I previously said he's beaten 3 teams that were over .500 in those 24 games, thats not very good at all. And lets not even count the numerous games lost vs. teams below .500 too.

I think Gase can be a good coach, he wasnt the right coach for the Miami Dolphins. But also what has Gase proved to be the right coach for the NY Jets? This is a big move for McCagnan. B/c if this doesnt work it, it will be same ol typical Jets. Hiring McCarthy would have been the safe hiring for the Jets.

if he was 8-5 in 2016, and 5-6 in 2018, that would make him..........13-11 as I said. And as I previously said he's beaten 3 teams that were over .500 in those 24 games, thats not very good at all. And lets not even count the numerous games lost vs. teams below .500 too.

I think Gase can be a good coach, he wasnt the right coach for the Miami Dolphins. But also what has Gase proved to be the right coach for the NY Jets? This is a big move for McCagnan. B/c if this doesnt work it, it will be same ol typical Jets. Hiring McCarthy would have been the safe hiring for the Jets.

what has any coach proved to be the right coach for the jets,look at the knocks on McCarthy ,the man is bad at making adjustments,he had one of the best qb and still lost his job,I don't see anyone rushing to hire him

what has any coach proved to be the right coach for the jets,look at the knocks on McCarthy ,the man is bad at making adjustments,he had one of the best qb and still lost his job,I don't see anyone rushing to hire him

If you think McCarthy is bad at making adjustments, wait till you see Adam Gase coach. From most of the reports, McCarthy only wanted the Jets job. He turned down some interviews.

If you think McCarthy is bad at making adjustments, wait till you see Adam Gase coach. From most of the reports, McCarthy only wanted the Jets job. He turned down some interviews.

That was my understanding also with McCarthy it was the Jets and only the Jets job. As for Gase, we'll have to see what transpires next year. If it was me I would have went with McCarthy, Caldwell and then Gase. I guess the good thing is that they didn't hire a head with out any experience or from the college ranks.

that was one of the reason Green Bay let him go ,look out side the box , that was why him and Rodgers didn't agree , he is set in his ways and doesn't cgange with the times

Time will tell, giving this coach a chance , he is a bright offensive coach .

Plus do we want to reward McaCarthy for the only super bowel he will ever win with another team , he was probably asking around ten mill a year

• 1 month later...
35M guaranteed, extra 8.5M in incentives total potential contract value = 61M, $15.25 AAV which is rich for a RB but worth it because that would mean he hit his numbers

I like they structured his contract around incentives but it came in less than what I had expected.

I like they structured his contract around incentives but it came in less than what I had expected.

Yeah, lower than I would have feared. Basically what happened is the Jets were the only ones to offer anything close. Other teams were apparently scared off or not have enough cap space to take the risk

He may have a bit of rust but the guy is gonna be fresh from the year off

• 3 weeks later...
Jets unveiled the new uniforms last night and as of right now I'm not a fan and I know it's about marketing and money. I'm older so I like what they were wearing last year.

Not a fan of the Jets at all but I do think the Green jerseys and the white jerseys are pretty good. Black on the other hand.....horrid